Don't You Forget About Me

Start from the beginning

Lauren rolled her eyes from the driver's seat. They were finally at school and Angela had never been more relived to see the giant brick structure in her life. She wanted to jump out of the car to safety. However, any plans of escape were dashed by Lauren.

"And don't think you've gotten away," The blonde warned. "We'll find you at lunchtime."

Angela thought her face was going to be permanently red after the lunchtime interrogation from her friends. Lauren and Jessica tried to extract every embarrassing detail they could. It probably didn't help that this was the first time she had anything to dish and her visible discomfort was amusing to them. Jessica kept waxing poetic about Jacob's good looks and how pretty and tall Jacob and Angela's babies would be.

"They'd be giants," Jessica laughed. "Like seven feet tall and overlooking over us mere mortals."

"It's not their fault you're a hobbit, Jess," Lauren countered. "We should be happy our tall elf friend finally found a mate."

Angela balked at her. "Did you just make a Lord of the Rings reference?"

Lauren sighed, wearily. "If either of you ever try to actually date Mike Newton, that is all you have to look forward to."

Jessica looked thoughtful at that and Angela was more than happy to drop the subject of Jacob and babies. Because chances were their combined genetics would produce some really tall offspring. She wasn't sure if that was the werewolf magic on his end or if they really were just blessed that way. She hadn't met any of his family yet so she couldn't compare for accuracy.

After her last class, she was about to get a ride with Tyler when she saw Jacob Black pull up into the school parking lot on a motorcycle. She watched almost in a trance as he pulled up beside her and gave her his sunniest smile. Tyler and Eric were staring at him in confusion and surprise. She cleared her throat at Jacob and gave him a look.

He ignored it. "Hey, darling. You need a ride?"

"I was about to get a ride with my friends," She frowned. "Where did you even get the motorcycle?"

"My friends and I have been working on restoring bikes for fun," He replied, flippantly. "Now, will you please get on the bike and we can pretend it's the ending of that 80's film with the lawnmower?"

"Is he talking about Can't Buy Me Love?" Eric said in disbelief. "As in John Hughes?"

Tyler was just as shocked. "How do you know John Hughes?"

"I have two older sisters who liked John Hughes films," Jacob practically shrugged. "Angie, please get on the bike. I won't crash us. I promise."

Angela hesitated for about a full minute before Jacob's pleading gaze, that was eerily too much like Seth's, made her cave. She put on the helmet Jacob handed her and hopped onto the bike. Eric had gone to his car and started playing a song through the speakers. It was the ending song of The Breakfast Club.

"Hey, it's a cinematic moment," Eric told her. "Just enjoy it, Angie."

"Tell me your troubles and doubts," The song played through the parking lot, getting the attention of other students. "Giving me everything inside and out..."

She didn't have really anything to say as Jacob revved the engine. She could only hold on to him as he began driving them away. Eric and Tyler waved at her as they mouthed to the song's lyrics. "Love's strange so real in the dark," The car speakers crooned, "Think of the tender things we were working on..."

Angela knew she would never live this down.

She had never been on a motorcycle before and she held on to Jacob for dear life as houses passed by them, the wind in their faces. They arrived at her house faster than she ever expected and she got off the motorcycle on shaky legs like a newborn fawn. Taking off the helmet, she handed it back to Jacob who rested it on the seat behind him. Familiar shyness overcame her as she wasn't sure what to do next.