Bonus chapter - Staff Meeting

[I need to help my neighbor out with the wood. The rework will slow down for couple of days]

Shoda and Azura entered the meeting room without saying anything to each other. Risaki was writing something on her computer and didn't bother to look at them, while Kotaru gave them a warm smile.

"She's late" Shoda said as she sat down on her seat.

"Give her a break. You can't plan when someone got injured or not" Azura sat next to Kotaru and snatched one of the fries she was hiding under the table.

"We will give her five minutes" Shoda coldly said as she pulled out a spicy instant noodles and cold cappuccino from the supermarket.

"Will all due respect, but you do realize that we have a kitchen, right?" Kotaru looked at the meal with disapproval.

Shoda completely ignored her and turned on kettle in the corner.

"Don't bother" Azura said when Kotaru opened her mouth to say something "It's her college addiction to eat whole Mendeleev's table"

"You were friends in college?" Kotaru raised a eyebrow.

"Classmates" Shoda corrected her "We were never friends nor talked to each other. But then we got hired as secretaries, and we needed to"

"If you exclude borrowing homework from me" Azura smiled "I still remember that look on your face when Master Robert asked us to become maids"

"That was long time ago" A faint blush appeared on her cheeks, and she drank some cappuccino.

"Well, you should have expected that. Everybody knew that Master Robert like to sleep with his secretaries..."

"How come he didn't do anything to me?" Risaki asked without looking away from the screen.

"He wasn't into single mothers" Shoda explained "Plus, he didn't sleep with every secretary in the office. That would turn into a PR nightmare"

"Speaking of PR nightmares, what did the twins destroyed this time?" Kotaru intrigued "I dragged them to the correction center, but they didn't say a word"

"Luckily, nothing this time. Laura caught them in the garage" Shoda explained and looked at Azura "Go as hard and long as you want"

"Don't worry, I already have something special in the store" Azura licked her lips "Mind if I borrow the Master for it?"

"Fine, but I'll be also watching this"

The door moved and everyone looked at them. The one to walk in was a blond woman wearing tank top and jeans under a white coat.

"Doctor Horikawa" Shoda nodded.

"I'm sorry for being late, Arei had a small accident in the workshop" She quickly explained and walked towards the Risaki.

She slammed shut the laptop on Risaki's fingers without warning.

"What the hell, Shima?!" Risaki shouted at her, putting her finger between legs.

"How about you start explaining why are not wearing the glasses?" Shima frowned "Do you know how expensive is to buy progressive contacts twice a year?"

"I just forgot, okay?!" Risaki put away her laptop as Shima sat next to her.

"Let's begin the meeting" Shoda cleared her throat "All numbers check out, and we didn't go above the budget even after recent expenses. I don't need to remind you that we need to work a bit harder since the new Master is here. Risaki, meet the Master and discuss what needs to be bought. Shima, examine his health and preferences. Azura and Kotaru are in the clear. Any questions?"

"I just want to ask about that Vladimir guy" Risaki raised hid hand "Are you sure that he won't try to backstab Master or something"

"Trust me, that crazy Russian is the last person who would do--" Shoda clinched her teeth and touched her belly.

"Oh, boy" Azura smiled as Shoda ran out "If anyone has nuke-proof shield, pull it out now"

"This is what happens when you don't listen to professionals!"