16

Happy Diwali :)

Please make sure to Vote and Comment 

***********************

The next few days were so exciting for Khushi Gupta that they passed in a blur. She was looking forward to working for AR Designs, well, for one particular person, Arnav Singh Raizada. She had received a copy of the contract from Arnav and as he had asked her to get it reviewed by a lawyer, she had asked for her dad's lawyer to look into it. Advocate Khanna was impressed by the level of detailing in it and praised Shyam Manohar Jha for the impeccable document. He suggested Khushi go forward with it as there were no hidden clauses whatsoever that could lead Khushi to trouble in the future in case she wanted to terminate the contract before it expired.

*******

Arnav Singh Raizada was anxious and excited at the same time. The prospect of working closely with the girl he was starting to fall for made him happy. His anxiety had to do with the fact that he had given her the contract three days back and Khushi had not reached out to him yet with a response. He had texted her once asking if she had gone through the contract. Khushi had told him that her lawyer was going through it and she would get back to him at the earliest. As he looped on his tie, in front of the mirror, he hoped today would be the day Khushi said that she was ready to sign the contract. He checked his phone again to check if he had missed a call or a text. Nothing. He was disappointed, but he decided to stay positive.

*******

Anjali and Shyam were also dressed and ready for office as Arnav joined them at the breakfast table. They had gotten over the 'Anjali, are you going to the office? Beta you need rest.' Over the previous days. Anjali had responded with a firm 'My husband and brother will be present in the same building the entire time. I only have to sit in a corner and read documents anyway. I will be happier and more motivated there.' and Ratna or Devyani had no response to that.

"Saale Saheb, I have been meaning to ask you, have you shared the contract I prepared with Khushi yet?" Shyam asked as he took a bit of his parantha.

"Yes jijaji. I sent it to her so that she can consult a lawyer and go through it. I am yet to hear back from her. Will let you know once I get a response."

*******

The trio soon left for work. They had decided to go to office together now that they were all staying at the Raizada Mansion. In case one of them needed to go out somewhere, they always had Mohan on standby with the other car at AR.

*******

Arnav missed lunch with the usual group as he was busy with a call with some suppliers. It was during his late lunch time that his phone flashed with the picture of Khushi indicating he was getting a call from her. Arnav was chewing the spoonful of rice he had put in his mouth when that happened. He chewed faster and answered the call.

"Hi Khushi." Arnav said before she could greet him.

"Hey."

"I was waiting for your call." Arnav said and his hand automatically went to his head. When it came to Khushi, he seemed to lose his senses.

"I mean..."

"I know what you mean. You need not give me a reason or any clarification." Khushi said with a smile. Of course, Arnav couldn't see the smile, but he could definitely figure out she was happy.

"So, have you gone through the document? Your lawyer I mean?"

"Oh yes. He was very impressed by the level of detailing. He asked me to go ahead with it."