15

Please make sure to vote and comment :)

***********************

"Hi" she said into the phone as he picked up.

"I thought we had covered that part already. Aur kitna hi bologe?" Arnav asked and Khushi's eyes widened.

"Okay, aur nahi bolungi phir. Tell me what did you want to talk about earlier." She asked and Arnav's eyes twinkled as he held the contract he had drafted up in his hands.

"I have something to show you." He said.

"And that would be?" she asked with excitement.

"What fun is it if I tell you directly?" he asked and she was hopeful that they would get to meet. Her wishes came true as she heard him speak.

"Why don't we meet somewhere and I can show you in person?"

She jumped in joy. Well, not too high that he would figure it out at the other end. Arnav was anxiously waiting for her reply.

"Khushi?"

"Yes yes. I mean I am here."

"So, is that also a yes to meeting me today?"

"Sure, where do you want to meet?" she asked.

"I'll text you the address and time."

They didn't drag the conversation further and ended the call saying they would see each other soon.

*******

Khushi was in a dilemma. She was not sure what to tell her parents. To lie or not to lie?

Well, she was always open about everything with her parents. She didn't see a reason she had to start hiding things from them now. She decided she would tell them ASR wanted to meet her and she didn't know what it was about. Which was the truth.

She checked her phone and saw that she had a text from Arnav with the address of a restaurant. He had proposed to meet at seven. She had about two hours in hand. She went downstairs to where the family was gathered for evening tea and snacks.

"Khushi, acha hua tum aa gayi. I was about to call you." Garima said as she saw her younger daughter join them.

"Do you need some help Maa?"

"Na baba, sab hogya. Just get your tea and sit with us."

Khushi did as instructed and thought of how to bring up the topic of her meeting Arnav for dinner.

She got lucky when the conversation naturally flowed and reached the topic of dinner.

"Dinner se yaad aaya, ASR wants to meet me for dinner tonight." Khushi laid it out there for the others to comprehend and respond.

"What? Why would ASR want to meet you again?" Payal asked.

"Seriously?" Akash asked as he took a sip of his tea.

"Kis baat ke liye beta?" Shashi asked and Khushi decided to address all the questions in one go.

"I have no idea. He just said he wanted to show me something and asked if I would be willing to join him for dinner tonight." She said.

"Well, where are you meeting him then?" Shashi asked and Khushi gave him the name of the restaurant.

"Well, he seemed like a nice guy. You should go meet him and see what it is about. I know I don't have to tell you this, but, be careful." Garima said and Shashi nodded in agreement.