4

Please make sure to vote and Comment. Happy Reading :)

***********************

Arnav took one last look at Khushi before starting his car. Anjali was with him, on the passenger seat and Akash was in the backseat. Anjali had called Shyam and asked him to come to RM as well. Shyam had gone to court regarding a legal procedure AR was involved in and was hence not in office. 

******

Khushi meanwhile was actually looking forward to going back to RM get her vehicle herself. She would've preferred to have a conversation with ASR, without so many people around. But, ASR seemed not quite into the conversation when she asked and she couldn't refuse her to-be brother-in-law when he offered. So, there she was, waiting for Payal to get Akash's car, so they could go home together.

******

Akash said bye to his bosses from the parking lot itself of Raizada Mansion, politely refusing the invitation to go have tea inside. He informed them that Garima would be expecting him back at the Gupta house anytime after Payal reaches. Arnav liked how it sounded. They seemed like a fun family and he hoped to be a part of that family one day.

"Chottey, what was that? How could you rush out like that? You know the humiliation I had to face when Meera showed up and you weren't here?" Ratna asked as soon as she saw her some come inside.

"Ratna come on, let him come inside first." Arvind tried to console his wife. He was now sure soon enough Ratna will be taking the BP pills, giving him company.

"And Mom, You could spare a hi to your daughter, who stays away from you."

"Anjali bitiya, you are here more than you are at your home." Naani reminded her.

"Waah Naani waah. I come here often to check up on my family and apparently you don't want it. Okay. Let Shyam come and pick me up, we will not come back after that." Anjali said crossing her arms in front of her.

"But bitiya, I was just stating the facts. Also, I never said I don't want you here. I have always wanted the both of you to shift here. But since Shyam bitwa doesn't want to stay with his in-laws, we respected his wishes."

Arnav was thankful for his drama queen sister. She was able to take the focus away from him. And so, he tried to make use of that gap to escape to his room.

"Not so fast Chottey, don't think I have forgotten. You need to explain what was that behaviour earlier." he heard his mom call out as he climbed the stairs.

"Let him go change Mom, I will tell you what happened." Arnav gave his sister a grateful smile before going to his room.

******

By the time he came downstairs again, Shyam had reached. And so the story was being repeated. Ratna didn't seem too pleased by it. She decided to not let it bother her though. She'd get more information if required in the future.

Naani and his dad, on the other hand, were having a good laugh at his expense though.

As the family gathered for dinner, they spoke about random topics. Arnav unlike other days, was not entirely focused on his family discussions. His thoughts were about the doe eyed beauty who had come to his house and yelled at him. He admired her courage for showing up at RM and loved her spirit to stand up for herself.

"Arre Chottey, where are you lost?" Anjali shaking him brought him out of Khushi's thoughts. He realised he was making a habit out of this.

"Haan Saale Saahab, you have to tell us where your mind seems to be occupied these days. At least tell us what is bothering you." Shyam gave him a sly wink at the end which made Arnav wonder whether he knew something.