25

Please remember to vote and comment. Happy Reading

***********************

Khushi and Arnav reached the airport before the others from their convoy.

"We should go check in first." Arnav said pulling her towards the check-in counter.

"Shouldn't we wait for Aman and Lavanya?"

"Nope. We need to head in first." He said as he handed the tickets to the lady at the counter.

"And why is that?" She asked. Arnav smiled as he turned to the counter.

"We'd like adjacent seats. Preferably one window seat." He told the girl. She smiled and obliged.

"You don't want, actually I don't want Aman nagging me the whole trip. I just want to spend time with you."

Khushi blushed at his honest answer.

After security checks, Arnav and Khushi sat next to each other as they waited in front of the departure gate. Khushi was going through her phone and Arnav sat there, looking at her.

Khushi spoke to Garima and Shashi in between. Arnav shot a text to his family as well.

"Done with everything? Can you look at me now?" He asked and Khushi laughed.

"I didn't know Arnav Singh Raizada, the great ASR, could be this childish."

"That is because I don't let anyone see my true self. But yes, this is the real me. You have to bear with it now." He said and she nodded.

"Come, lets go get something to eat." She said pointing at the airport food court.

"I already ate." He argued.

"Let's have coffee then."

"Coffee this late in the night?"

"I can have coffee at any hour."

"You won't be able to sleep if you have coffee now." He argued.

"I won't have any problems like that. Come with me."

Khushi managed to pull him to the shop and got a latte for herself and a lime juice for him.

They sat down, face to face with their beverages in hand.

"We have all the time to ourselves." She said and as if proving her wrong, his phone rang. She pushed out her tongue in embarrassment.

"I am going to kill Aman." Arnav said before even looking into the phone and he was right.

"Arrey yaar Arnav, did you already check-in?" Arnav head Aman from the other end as soon as he answered.

"We are in front of the departure gate. Let me know once you are here." Arnav told his friend.

The call didn't last any longer.

"I don't think we are going to get much time to ourselves." Arnav said dejected and Khushi made a mental note to put an effort to find time to spend with him. It was always him initiating everything and she felt bad.

They had just started talking to each other about their school days that Lavanya and Aman showed up with the rest of the travelling group. Their conversation was automatically cut short.

"Why did you have to check-in early. We are nowhere close in our seats." Aman pointed out after inspecting Arnav's ticket.

Khushi decided to not put him in a position where he had to lie to his friend.