27

Please remember to vote and comment. Happy Reading

***********************

Arnav and Khushi glanced around the restaurant to check if anyone who knew them were already present. To their relief, there were no familiar faces. The duo headed towards the buffet, grabbled two plates and started filling it with food.

"Here" Arnav said as he passed a toast to Khushi and she held up her plate. She grabbed eggs and two glasses of juice for them. The restaurant offered American breakfast and Khushi was delighted to see Waffles there.

"You and your love for sweets." Arnav commented, shaking his head.

"Not guilty." She said as she grabbed some whipped cream to go with it.

They sat looking at each other, at a corner table with a view. It was a four-seater, like every other table there and Arnav hoped Aman or Lavanya wouldn't show up before they left. The others from their group, he knew, didn't have the courage to join the boss at his table.

"Now that the shoot is reschedules, what are you planning to do? Should we go sight-seeing?" Khushi asking taking a bit of her waffle.

"Nope, not today." Arnav said as he buttered his toast.

"Why not?" Khushi asked as she lowered her fork and knife.

"You see, I asked for most of the shoot to be in the morning so that we could get done with work and have the rest of the day for ourselves. If we are shooting in the evening, we can't risk you looking tired in the pictures. The city is so hot that you will get tired easily."

"Are you planning to lock me up in my room or something until the shoot?" she asked.

"Not technically. I was hoping we could take a walk, not leaving the hotel premises."

Given that the hotel they were in used to be a palace, which was recently restructured and converted to a heritage hotel, it wasn't a bad idea.

"After that you can go rest your room. You should have a light lunch, maybe a salad or something. Your breakfast plate is scaring me. We can't have you looking bloated in the pictures. Then maybe sleep for a little while before the hair and make up team needs to work on you." Khushi narrowed her eyes at the bloated part. But, being the industry meant she needed to take care of even the smallest of things.

"As your boyfriend, I'd give you every sweet dish in the world. But as the head of AR, I want you to watch what you are eating before a shoot." Arnav said and Khushi nodded showing her agreement.

"I will hold you to that promise for when I am not working." Khushi said and Arnav agreed.

"You should try some." Khushi said as she took another bite of the waffle and it melted in her mouth. Arnav had opted not to get the dish. He opened her mouth at her comment.

"Here?" she asked. He wanted her to feed him.

"Why not? No one is paying attention to us."

Khushi was reluctant at engaging in any form of PDA. Well, she was already making him hide their relationship, she didn't have the heart to tell him no.

She cut a piece of the waffle and used the fork to bring it to his mouth. He smiled as he moved forward to taste it.

"Sweet." He said and she wasn't sure if he meant the gesture or the food item.

Khushi all of a sudden felt too shy and lowered her eyes and fixed them on her plate. They asked the waiter for two cups of coffee. As they waited for their beverage, they saw Aman heading in their direction. Arnav tried his best so that the disappointment wouldn't show in his face.