An everlasting storm

"Well, we're one hundred percent sure that he'll be an alpha or beta- he hasn't shown any signs of being an omega" Kushina said, looking down at the little boy sucking on his dummy on her lap, his bright blue, innocent eyes staring up at her, oblivious that this is a turning point in his life. "I'm sure of it" she mumbled, shifting her attention to her husband.

Clearing his throat, he nodded and looked at the doctor "we would like to know his test results from now please- so we can prepare for, most likely, his first rut- ahead of time"

Sighing, the doctor turned to face the family with a grim look on his face "his test results came back as negative for alpha, negative for beta and positive for omega- he will most likely be an omega, I apologise"

"No, this is not your fault- we will be leaving now, thank you for your time" Kushina replied, bowing before she picked up her baby and stormed out, heading to the car straight away. She placed the child on his car seat, before sitting in the driver's seat and shutting the car door behind her. She couldn't help the scream that left her lips as she grasped her hair and pulled, clenching her fists before bringing them down harshly against the car wheel out of anger "fuck! Fuck! Fuck!! Why!?" she shouted, hearing the passenger door open as she shouted profanities and hailed punches down on the wheel.

"Mommy?" the boy questioned, confused at his mother's sudden change in behaviour.

"Be quiet! You failure- you had one job- one fucking job!" she shouted, turning back to face the baby, a deathly glare aimed straight at him as she raised her hand, rearing it back before dragging it down across his face.

The blue eyed boy burst into a fit of tears at the sudden pain "mommy? Daddy?" he questioned as he cried, confused and wondering why his mother hit him like that- she had never put her hands on him like this. He looked over at his father, who had entered the car while she was screaming, watching as he just faced forward with a stoic face expression, ignoring the cries of pain the boy let out as his mother continued to hit him ruthlessly.

She could've killed him.

                                                    ------------------------------------

Gulping for air, the blond shot up from where he was- he panicked as he looked around, realising that this wasn't his room. Where was he? Oh- his room in the Uchiha household? Did they move him while he was sleeping? "Guess the bastard couldn't handle my stench for too long" he mumbled to himself as he climbed out of bed to head into the shower; the bathroom was connected to his room, so he left his fresh clothes and underwear on his bed, before going to shower. Once making sure the water was warm enough, he stripped and stepped in, letting the hot water thump against his skin as he took the time to think. Why was he so pathetic? So pathetic that no one even wanted him, what was he actually doing here? They should've killed him too. He couldn't stop the tears as they began to fall, his body racking as he started to cry harder, crouching as he hugged himself, his limbs starting to shake as his breathing picked up. He could barely register the knocks on the door as he shook and cried uncontrollably, trying to breathe properly- he was freaking out for no reason, what's wrong with him?

"Naruto! Sweetie, I'm coming in!" a voice called out, before opening the door "oh, dear..." the person mumbled, rushing over to Naruto and releasing some calming pheromones as they wrapped their arms around him. "Naruto, it's Mikoto- remember me? Look at me, okay? Try to copy my breathing- watch me." Once she demanded his attention, he looked up at her through his tearful gaze, breathing in slowly like her, holding it for a few seconds before exhaling. They did this until he was able to calm down, his shaking subsiding soon after. It took a while for him to stop crying, but Mikoto stayed there patiently, releasing her calming pheromones in small amounts, not wanting to overwhelm him as he came to terms with what just happened. "Come, let's get you all freshened up, okay?" she suggested, the blond boy conceding with a silent nod.

                                                            ------------------------

It wasn't long before they were out of the bathroom, Mikoto helping Naruto shower, brush his teeth, brush his hair (well, try to- it was so untameable, like her youngest son's hair) and get dressed, before they sat down on his bed, side by side. "What happened in there?" she questioned, watching as her soon-to-be son-in-law tensed up slightly, before relaxing.

"I-I don't know, I had a bad dream" he answered, his voice cracking slightly.

"It's okay, Naruto, you can always come to me if you have anymore, okay? I'll always be here for you, sweetheart- would you like to come eat breakfast with the rest of us?" she asked, smiling reassuringly as she stood up, reaching out for his hand. He nodded, sliding his own into hers, feeling safe as they left his room.

"How did you know that was happening to me?" he asked, intrigued as to how she found him.

"We could smell your distress- you let out a powerful amount of pheromones, so I came to make sure that you were okay- Sasuke refused to come instead of me, I don't know why- didn't you two talk yesterday?"

"Yes, we did- he was...nice? I think it was a one-off because I was sick- I think it was because of the sudden change in climate or something- heh" he replied, rubbing his nape nervously as he answered.

"He tends to close himself off nowadays, he probably acted without thinking" she said, chuckling as the butlers pushed the dining hall doors open for them, the pair thanking them as they entered, walking over to their seats.

"Oi, omega- control your pheromones next time, they were stinking up the place" a voice sneered as soon as Naruto sat down.

"You, shut up! At least be kind to me" Naruto shouted, pointing his finger at Sasuke, glaring at him.

"No way in hell, will I ever be nice to the likes of you"

Mikoto sighed before intercepting, "boys, calm down- we need to eat and you have a wedding to plan!"

Oh right, they were getting married.