Chapter 16

Percy had been hanging more with his aunt Natasha. He was slowly being at ease with her, so much so that he began to call her "Aunt Nat."

When he first called her that Natasha had smiled at him. Percy hadn't been back to the tower since coming back. A month had gone by and he only ever saw aunt Nat. He didn't want to see the other nosy avengers, but Nat said she could only hold them off for so long.

Here he was going back to the avengers tower. People looked at him weird when he entered the door. There was a lady at the front desk clicking away at her computer desk. She took a sip of water and set it down. Her fake nails making a loud sound. She looked up with an expression of annoyance, but ended up smiling anyway. On the name badge it said "Karen." Percy knew that this was not going to end up well.

"Hi, how can I help you?"

Percy thought this might not be so bad. Maybe he misjudged her. "I have to come to see my aunt. She is Natasha Romanoff."

The woman snorted and started laughing. People around looked over at the situation and gave odd looks. This woman was causing a scene by laughing at him.   "The black..." she said between laughs, "widow....does....not have any....family."

"Percy," a familiar voice said.

Percy turned and saw Natasha standing there with an unreadable expression on her face.  Percy smiled and waved at Natasha.  The woman straightened up and looked at aunt Nat with a frightful look.   "What did you say before," Natasha asked.

The woman looked down a little.   "Sorry, Ms. Romanoff, this boy called you his aunt and..."

"You thought it appropriate to laugh at a woman not having family..."

"No, not at all. It's just...."

"It's just what Karen?  Next time don't laugh at someone not having a family.  Let's go Percy."

Percy smiled making the water hit the lady in the face causing her to let a little scream.  Her makeup was not waterproof.  Percy walked beside Natasha.  Natasha didn't say anything, but there was a little smirk on her face.

Finally they were at the elevators.   Percy hater the elevators, but didn't say anything as they started to ascend.  "Cool water trick," Natasha said, after they lifted a couple of floors.

Percy didn't say anything.  He couldn't say anything without revealing anything.  His aunt naturally interrogated you.  He learned that the whole month they were hanging out.  He always divulged too much information, and it was a bit scary.

"I won't tell, but I am kind of curious about your powers.  All you ever said is you fought on two wars, and went on quests.  You didn't go into detail."

"Blue cookies," Percy said.

"What," Natasha asked. 

"I am craving blue cookies."

"When are you not," Natasha asked.  The elevator door opened.  It looks like they were all waiting for him.  When Natasha said she held them off, she must have held them off, because they were acting like ravenous dogs.

"Percy, how is that arm," Bruce asked.

"Percy, how is your girlfriend," Tony asked.

"Percy, why haven't you visited us sooner," Clint asked.

They were all asking questions at Percy.  Percy held up his hands to his ears.

Natasha looked at him weirdly.  "What are you doing?"

Percy saw what she was saying by reading his aunt's lips.   "I am covering my ears cause there are too many questions," Percy said, loudly.

All the avengers looked at Percy strangely.  Percy looked at them back, smiling a little, and releasing his hands from his ears.

"Kid, I am not going to say how dumb that is.   I think it can speak for itself," Tony said. 

Percy smirked.  "It worked didn't it?"

"Yeah well that was just pure luck," Tony retorted. 

Percy smiled and laughed a little.   "I can see why your never called supportive.  If you are calling things "pure luck," when it is really just amazing skills."

"You little..." Tony started.

"Terror," Percy finished, smirking at the end.   Tony had called Percy a terrorist in front of SHEILD agents before, so saying the name terror when it was used to terrorize him felt right, because now it was terrorizing Tony.

"This was a mistake," Natasha said.

"What's will all this ruckus," Steve said walking in.   "Oh, Percy," Steve said.   He looked around at the other people.  "Why didn't you tell me Percy was coming over?"

Tony turned to face Steve.   "I included in the group text.  Do you read the group text, Steve?"  

Steve looked a little annoyed.   "You guys spam the messages.  How am I supposed to know when you are texting something important."

There was a gasp.  "He knows what spam is," Tony said.  Tony wiped fake tears off his eyes.  "My little dinosaur is all grown up."

Percy, and the avengers started bursting into laughter.  After that things went back to normal.  They decided not to interrogate Percy, yet and watch "Finding Nemo," instead.