047 | target practice

╔══════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

'𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐩𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞═════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...THE RADDUS, HYPERSPACE

𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐍 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐃, Lyra followed Eleni through the hallways of the Raddus. She was glad, too, because she might not have ever found Poe if Eleni hadn't shown them where he was hiding out. Two floors down from the command bridge, Poe was pacing back and forth in front of a service lift. He was no longer dressed in his flight suit, instead wearing his dark brown jacket and a clean shirt.

When he noticed the three of them standing there, his face crumpled into agitation. "Eleni, seriously?" he admonished. His pride had been wounded, and he didn't want an audience. "I didn't ask you to go grab a committee."

"Don't be so dramatic, she could have tossed you out the airlock," Eleni groused. She grabbed Finn gently by the arm. "C'mon Finn. You don't look busy, and I need some help cleaning power couplings."

"I don't even know how to clean a power coupling," Finn began to protest.

"I'll teach you, you seem like a fast learner," Eleni chirped, already dragging him away. Finn had no choice but to follow.

Once they were out of earshot, Poe finally looked up at Lyra. "What?" he said tersely. "Did you come here to gloat? You were right," he let out a hollow laugh. "You don't have to say it."

Lyra let the comment slide. Crossing her arms across her chest, she told him, "I came to make sure you were okay."

Poe said nothing. He just pressed his back to the wall behind him and slid to the floor, hanging his head in between his knees. Every ounce of his solid, unbreakable confidence was shattered.

She sat down in the space next to him. "Tell me what happened," Lyra coaxed. "It can't be that bad."

Poe tilted his head to look at her. One of his cheeks was slightly more pink than the other. "Leia slapped me in the goddamn face. Is that bad enough for you?"

Lyra let her arms fall to the floor, biting the inside of her cheek. As badly as she felt for him, she would have paid all her credits to see that happen. "She did what?"

"I walked into the command room and Leia was livid. I don't know if I've ever seen her that mad, and I've done a lot of stupid shit," he muttered, rubbing at his eyes. "She told me there's problems that can't be solved by jumping in an X-Wing and blowing something up."