017| sweetheart

╔═══════════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

'𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭' ═════════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...D'QAR, ILEENIUM SYSTEM

𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐕𝐄 and Lyra walked side by side as they made their way through the hallways. They were on a hunt for her squadron and Jess and Eleni and any number of people that she hadn't seen in a week, but for some reason, none of them were anywhere to be found.

"You'd think this base was a void that swallowed them all," Reeve muttered. She glanced at Lyra from the corner of her eye. "How do you feel?"

"I'm fine, Reeve," Lyra waved her off, finally unhooking their arms so she could walk on her own. "I've been laying or sitting for the last six days, I'm better than fine."

Micah told her it would take a few days to get used to regular activity again, but when he had said regular activity, he was referring to general walking, standing, and maybe a really slow jog. Flying was out of the question, and combat drills weren't even in the realm of possibility. 

It was cloudy out, and the after-rain smell still soaked the terra. The green of the hills was brought into higher saturation from the low-hanging mist.  It was just chilly enough that Lyra wished she still had her old jacket with her.

"So when are you going to tell me you got promoted, Captain Tailor?" Lyra asked.

Reeve's cheeks tinged with pink. "I was going to say something eventually."

"Eventually?" Lyra punched her lightly in the arm. "You should have told me as soon as I woke up!"

"One, ouch," Reeve told her through gritted teeth. "And two, I didn't think you would figure it out so damn fast! You've been stuck in the med bay, there's no way word got to you."

Lyra shook her head. "No, but with Oddy, well, gone there would be a vacancy in the maintenance engineer specialist position. You're already so long overdue for a promotion and–" Lyra pointed to Reeve's sleeve– "I'm not blind."

"Oh," Reeve said, looking at the patch of her uniform where there was now a fresh stripe above the dot of a lieutenant. "Surprise, I guess."

Lyra grinned. "That's amazing, Reeve."

"Thank you."  The smile on her face was nothing short of proud. "I sent a message to my mom last night, she was absolutely ecstatic. One step closer to following right in the footsteps of Colonel Mione Tailor," Reeve pantomimed.