036 | all at once

╔════════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

'𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞' ═══════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...HYPERSPACE

𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎 𝐃'𝐐𝐀𝐑, Han let Lyra sit in the copilot's seat of the Falcon. His way of apologizing, she supposed.

Leia had asked her to ride back to D'Qar aboard the shuttle, but it was a formality. They both knew she would say no. It was too much too soon, and sitting in peace with Han was infinitely better.

Chewie was back in the galley keeping Finn company.  The Dejarik board was on, and as a distraction, Chewie had begun to teach Finn how to play. Bee was rolling around, exploring every inch of the ship before they would have to leave it. Every so often, his orange and white form blurred by as he rolled past the entrance to the cockpit.

"Hosnian Prime is gone," Lyra muttered.  She let her vision go soft, losing focus on everything but dim swirls of blue hyperspace. "Everything. It's just gone."

Han spared a glance over at her. "I know, kid. There are some things in this galaxy that I still thought were impossible. Not many, but there's a few. The First Order always manages to prove me wrong."

A sardonic laugh passed over her lips. "It just never ends, does it?"

He gave a light shrug. "I watched this war unfold for the first time. Never thought it would happen again, but there's some people that'd tell you it never really ended."

"And what would you say about it?"

"I would say that we sure as hell never stopped fighting, and we aren't going to stop now."

Lyra smiled. "You make it sound like you're coming back to the Resistance."

"Well," Han scoffed. "I wouldn't go that far. But, my heavy freighter was recently commandeered by a handful of rathtars. I would consider possibly lending a hand until Chewie and I get a handle about where we're going from here."

"Possibly," she repeated, grinning. "Those are good odds."

The silence returned, and so did the thoughts.  What was she supposed to do with six years of memories that altered a lifetime?  It was so heavy, and there was no one there to carry it but her. What would it have been like if there was no fire? Lyra Endellion would not exist. The taste of war would be left undiscovered, and perhaps the galaxy would be better off.