067 | reprise

╔════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

'𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞' ═══════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

. . . CORONET CITY, CORELLIA

𝐔𝐏𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐅 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆, Nascha and Lyra climbed through the narrow fire escape. Smoke burned in her lungs, but Lyra felt sustained. Wild and alive, verging on madness as always. Very little tethered her to reality anymore.

There was a sharp pain in her mind as they neared the exit. A sudden jolt of foreboding that overpowered the artificial night of the city.

"Stop," Lyra said as they made their way up the ladder. Three more rungs, and they would be in sight of him. She could sense him like a rotting stench. He was the one behind the disaster of the Shu's party.

Better she distract him than he get to the rest of the Resistance members on the planet. She at least owed Poe that.

Nascha looked up at her, waiting. "What do you mean? We need to go."

Lyra spoke quickly. "Take the long way, bring the ship up to the roof and I'll meet you there."

Nascha raised an eyebrow, but said nothing. Another good thing about working with criminals, they knew when to stop asking questions.

Kylo Ren stood waiting for her with his saber already ignited. The crackling red shone brighter than the city scape beyond him, and night air ruffled through his obnoxious little cape. Thunder rumbled above, the incoming rainstorm just waiting to break free from the clouds.

"How was the party?" He asked. A sorry attempt at humor, but an attempt nonetheless. "I heard it ended early."

He took a menacing step closer. Clearly, he wanted something. He was holding his anger at bay, keeping it from boiling at the surface. The Resistance was in hiding, but they had won the prize that Kylo Ren had coveted for so long: Luke Skywalker.

Ren wouldn't let that go so easily. Her dad was an ever-present ghost haunting whatever fragment of Ben remained trapped in the reaper that was Kylo Ren. Every day was a reckoning for what he had done to Han, and Lyra wasn't going to let him forget it, either.

A sickening thrill passed through her. The cut she had inflicted was still there, running in a jagged scar across his face. This fight between them would not end without more blood spilled.