065 | the job

╔════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

'𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐣𝐨𝐛' ═══════╝

three. months. later.

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

. . . DAGGER II, KESSEL

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃 beneath her fingernails was a permanent stain.

In her mind, she imagined it to be spray paint. Crimson red that wouldn't wash out in the sink. As if she had just been in Eleni's shop for the last few hours painting another droid, limbs aching from leaning over a table.

But the only ache in her body was from the strain of running until her legs almost gave out. All that red was only ever just blood.

This was an in-between day, something akin to a break. Lyra and Nascha were between jobs, sitting in a vaguely-safe shipyard that belonged to some now-dead crime lord on Kessel. Nascha's SS-54 gunship blended in well. Manufactured by Botajef shipyards, it was a prime pick for mercs and bounty hunters.

A whistle of music echoed down the short halls of the Dagger II. Nascha's footsteps followed, and soon enough the woman was standing in the doorway with a pleased smirk lifting her lips.

"What's with the good mood?" Lyra asked, barely glancing up from her sketchbook. She was studying the lines on the page, still trying to decoper her dim connection to the white haired Jedi. Countless pages of her sketchbook were filled with the scribbled over lines of her imagination. If she drew the place enough times, enough ways, there might be a way to find it.

"You'll be in one too once you hear what I just found out. I just got word about another job."

"That's hardly exciting."

"Okay, let's try that again," Nascha rolled her eyes. "I got word about an unaffiliated job, more of an under the table task, if you will. My contact finally got back to me about the clearance codes to get into Naboo airspace."

Her heart echoed against her throat. Fire surged in her veins, looking for something to set ablaze. It happened now whenever she got too excited. "Naboo?"