035 | legacy

╔═══════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

'𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲' ═══════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...TAKODANA, WESTERN REACHES

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐈𝐒𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐑..

Compared to the hum of the Force, it was a dull sound. There were only echoes of voices instead of shouts as she rushed past, vision tunneling as she exited the castle doors. She felt like she had been dipped in an icy river and set out in the sun to dry. Distracted, she almost missed the last step of the entryway and stumbled.

She was awake, finally. The colors were more vibrant, and the air shimmered with the Force. It was like she was little again, choked with the belief that she could hold the universe in her bare hands.

However, present Lyra was running out of time to find Rey and her droid.

Her stomach was twisting in knots, hyper-aware of imminent disaster. Her hands were shaking from the adrenaline and her body was shot through with chills. Sunlight shone through the trees, illuminating every crevice of the stone castle.  When she turned to face the wide, open sky, she heard the sound. It marred the pale blue without mercy.

TIE fighters.

Every part of her body was electrified, fortified with new knowledge and memories. She ran, combat boots hitting the ground hard as she tore through the castle's courtyard. The only thing pointing her in the right direction was the far-off beeps of Bee, who must have gone in search of Rey.

Suddenly, the breath was gone from her lungs.

Her ears rang.

A searing hot pain shot straight through her. She cried out, falling to her knees on the rough stone. It was pointless to try and stop the blood-boiling noise, so she put her calloused palms out on the ground to stabilize herself while her body heaved with grief. A grief that wasn't her own, but the Force passing through her. The sharp sound of a thousand screams all crying out at once.

And then silence like a candle snuffed out with two fingers.

In the smoke that remained, she looked skywards. There were stars in the daylight, explosions of distant planets that she knew well. It was Hosnian Prime, the New Republic, all gone in an instant.