Chapter 4

As the days and weeks turned into a month, and a month turned into three months, we spent every moment together. Hayden and I had spent all our free time talking and getting to know each other. We found we were more suited for one another than we first thought. The more time we spent together, the more I thought about what the future would be like if we married and had children. I even imagined what they would look like. I was excited about what was in store for us in the future.

Maddison and Brenden often left us alone, other than meeting up several times weekly. We stayed to ourselves. Hayden and I went on dates. We went to a bar to let loose a little and dance. Hayden has cooked dinner for me and even sent flowers to my workplace. It has all been like a dream come true. "Melinda, will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?" Hayden asked on one such night.

"Hayden, yes, I would love to be your girlfriend. I love you," I say. I felt like a queen. I never thought that a man could treat me like this.

Another night sitting on the sofa, Hayden asked me if I wanted to keep him company on a business trip overseas. I agreed. We were out of the country for a week. I had so much fun exploring the way of life in Germany that I didn't want to return to the States.

"Kitten, I don't want to return either, but that is where our friends and family are. So how bout I make you a promise? For our honeymoon, I promise I will take you on a tour of as many countries as possible for over a month, and then on every anniversary; I will take you to a new one. How does that sound?"

My mouth drops open. I look Hayden in the eyes, "You are planning a future with me," I mumble, shocked.

"Yes, I am. I love you and find you growing more important to me than I ever thought possible. You make my bad days at work fade away as soon as I see your face. I look forward to seeing you every day. Now let's get home and spend some time with our friends. I am sure they are missing us."

"I am looking forward to the future with you. But, Babe, let's get home," I say, pulling him in for a kiss.

"We will finish this later; we must get to the airport right now. I would rather spend the next few hours making you scream and moan my name," Hayden groans, pulling away. "But we have to. If we don't, we'll miss our flight."

"Let's get going. I want you to myself in bed for a few hours before hanging out with Maddison and Brenden," I say.

Once we are back at my house, Hayden drops the suitcases, turns to me, and grabs my hips as he pulls me toward him. We ended up making love; it wasn't just sex. I felt he was telling me how much he loved me with his body, saying nothing. After we finished our activities, we lay in each other's arms. "Melinda, you know that Maddison and Brenden will be here in about an hour. We should hop in the shower," Hayden says, rubbing my back.

"Let's lay here for a few more minutes. You have worn me completely out."

Hayden chuckles. "I'm nowhere near done with you yet, kitten. I am ready for round two in the shower," he says as he picks me up and carries me to the bathroom.

***

"So, how are you two getting along? How was the trip?" Maddison asked us as we sat at a restaurant, waiting for our food.

"We are great. We are enjoying each other a lot. I hated coming back home. I wanted to stay there," I say, looking at Hayden.

"I missed her like crazy when I was away from her. I feel like my other half is missing when we are apart," Hayden says as he smiles at me.

"You two are too cute together," Maddison says.

"Hayden is head over heels in love; it would seem. So, what have you been doing to my bro?" Brenden asked me, chuckling.