☆ THE KINGS VENGEANCE ☆ Part Two ☆ Trial ☆

The raging war going on in the opening fields of the broken ruins of the once great city, Volterra, caused Marcus to fight harder. His life was at stake, along with his mates. He wasn’t going to allow the enemy to make it to the Castle. Especially not with him still living.
Vampires of all kinds slammed into one another, clawing live ravenous beast.

Trying to rip one anothers heads off, and win. Felix effortlessly managed to rip apart one Covens leader's head, and arms. Setting him ablaze in an instant. 

Aro moved swiftly through the crowd of rebellious vampires and destroyed anyone in his path. He was extremely quick with his movements; that no one noticed him leave the field, and head for the castle. 

   “Master! Go, get Didyme and seek shelter far from here. We will continue to fight.” Demetri, one of Marcus’s trusted guards, yelled in his greek language, but Marcus understood every word of it.  He smiled at the boy he called a friend, and with one strong shake of his head, Marcus spoke, “No! A true King fights for his people!!” Demetri was honored to serve such a great man, so honored in fact, that he made sure that whatever happened. Marcus would make it back to the arms of his wife. 

Roars of thunder filled the land as the enemy was now defeated. The Volturi stood strong and mighty, proving that they would claim victory over any threat that came their way.  The many warriors who survived the vicious war, cheered in triumph. Hugging one another, kissing their mates, and speaking about their version of a victory feast.

The war was over, their enemies were defeated, but one enemy remained among the people.  

The soft melodies of a piano playing on audio, caused you to hum along. Your mates were on guard duty, and you had to be at the desk in the next ten minutes. Being a secretary for the Volturi was very interesting, because you were the only one that could spell, and use the right grammar. You pleased Aro, and wished his other useless secretaries would follow your example. Your hair was brushed down behind you, as you applied small dabs of perfume to your collarbone. Not too much, remembering strong smells irritated Caius. You stood to exam yourself in the body length mirror. Your black dress that went down to your knees, and black heels with red bottoms, and wedding ring caused you to smile in satisfaction. You loved showing off the ring for all to see. 

Your mates purpose to you four months after meeting you. Get it? Four months, cause you got four mates…? Anyways, two falls ago was when you had your wedding, and ever since then, you’ve wanted nothing but a family with your mates, but knew the law wouldn’t permit it. You long to see Felix playing video games with his son, or Demetri teaching him how to get girls, and Alec having another reading buddy. Or a little girl to do make up with Jane. 

Those were the dreams you had, and they became more wild recently. But you never brought such desires up to your mates. It would cause them to feel guilty, and you didn’t want that. Sighing, you looked at yourself one last time, and made your way to the desk. 

Heavy tension filled the atmosphere as Marcus came in. His features were hiding his true emotions very well as he took a seat in his throne. Aro could see the change in demeanor in Marcus, but dismissed his questioning thoughts. He figured it was just one of those days for his brother.

Felix forced the vampire on trial to kneel before the kings, and pulled at the man's hair so that he was looking Aro right in the eyes.

Aro stood, and received the vampire’s records. Seeing that this is the fourth time he had stood on trial. With a shake of his head, Aro descended down the steps towards the man. 

“You know why you’re here, don’t you?” Aro questioned the man, with a wicked grin on his face. The vampire nodded his head, fear evident in his eyes. Caius glared at the foolish imbecile. Exposing your identity is a ticket to death. What fool thinks he can do that, and get away with it? 

Marcus zoned out, not caring too much about the doomed lovers. His thoughts went back to the seers and his conversation. Everything he was shown. About what happened to his dear Didyme all those centuries ago. He didn’t know how he never knew of Aro’s horrid actions. All this time he spent wanting to avenge his sweet Didyme’s death. Not ever knowing that the person responsible, sat right next to him, and called him brother.

   “Marcus?” Aro questione, sitting back down and looking at his brother with curious eyes. Once Marcus met his gaze, his glare hardened as Aro held his hand out to see into Marcus’s thoughts. Without answering, Marcus cleared his throat and stood. Alerting everyone he had something to say, and shocking them in the process. 

All eyes were on him as he stepped down from the steps and said, “Come in.” He called out. A woman, with long red hair, and a small frame stepped in. Her head held low as Chelsea escorted her to the center of the throne room, by orders of the king.

   “What is this, brother?” Caius asked, eyeing Marcus. There was only one trial today. Or so he thought. - “Afton brought this young girl to my study earlier.” Was all Marcus said, not bothering to look back at the blonde king. The woman kept her head down low as Marcus stood before her. His emotions were very evident in that moment. Pure anger radiated off him as he spoke. 

   “You stand excuse of murder, and of treason,-” Marcus began. Bringing more confusion to the Volturi coven.  Aro’s eyes never leave the back of Marcus, as he paid no mind to what the girl did or was here for. For the first time in years, Marcus stood to attention. Actually caring about a trial. That wasn’t the only thing that irked his interest though. The way Marcus didn’t allow him to see his thoughts, and the look he gave him sent shivers up his spine. It was as if he knew something he wasn’t supposed to. Could he have known of…..no. It was impossible for him to know of such a thing. 

   “How do you plead, Aro?” Gasps filled the room as Marcus turned to look at Aro, who looked at him with such fear in his eyes.

He knew…