( xviii. end of a chapter ) .* :☆゚

꒰ END OF A CHAPTER ꒱

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

❝ 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐈𝐓?

"¿Qué?" Estella sat up on the bed barely waking up after that painful hit from the man named Calderoni. She glanced at Miguel Ángel comprehending that Calderoni must have accepted the bribe since they weren't in a jail cell and were instead free once again.

"He took the bribe no?" Estella asked rubbing the side of my head feeling a large bump. Calderoni had hit her very hard, and she felt rage towards him but a little glad that he accepted whatever bribe Miguel had offered him.

"Yes, it worked." He nodded his head lighting up a cigarette. Her eyes landed on him again wondering what his question had been the moment she had woken up.

"What did you ask when I woke up? Something about would I have done it?" Estella curiously questioned standing up to drink a cold glass of water. He went quiet unsure if he should ask her this question since it involved questioning her trust.

"Well, Benjamín and Isabella made you a deal right?" He looked at her as she nearly spits out her drink. She pondered about how he would know this information if she hadn't told him.

"Yes, they did. How did you know that?" Estella lifted an eyebrow sitting back down on the bed concerned that he might think she had hidden this information from him as a way to betray him.

"Azul he told me everything yesterday. That's why tomorrow we need to intrude their little meeting in Ensenada to show them that I still run this business." He exclaimed with annoyance in his voice. Estella noticed that he was reasonably mad that some of his business partners were planning to change shit without him included.

"Look Miguel if you thought I was planning against you you've been mistaken. I was going to inform you, but you were too busy. Isabella offered me the deal, but I said no and I'm not going to lie and say it wasn't a practical one either." She clarified with eye contact. It was impossible to know whether or not he believed her but again she had no reason to lie especially during this moment.

"Bueno." He sighed standing up, but Estella wanted to continue to talk about this situation.

"What's going to happen tomorrow with Isabella?" She asked nervous that he would do something to punish her friend. Isabella was the one who had decided to put forward the whole idea to Benjamín and Estella knew she wouldn't be let off the hook after this. It was practically a betray against him. However, Estella didn't want her to get hurt since she cared for Isabella as a friend even though they were constantly at odds now.

"Nothing too harsh. I don't trust her anymore, so I don't think she should be apart of this business." He shrugged leaning against the door. Estella looked away at the window and thought this was both good and bad. Good, because it wasn't a drastic punishment for her disobedience but bad since she would have to be entirely let go from the business. She always felt comfortable knowing there was another determined young woman in the cartel all the other women implicated with it were just wives of the men. Estella felt like she could relate to Isabella on some level and now that would be gone.