( xlv. future ) .* :☆゚

꒰ FUTURE ꒱

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ESTELLA WOKE UP leaning her head against Benjamín's shoulder. He, too, was fast asleep, and now they had arrived at where they would be hiding out for the time being. Estella wasn't too sure about the location, but it was far away from Tijuana and was beautiful. Even though they were hiding away from the violent public, Estella felt like she might enjoy some peace and tranquility alone time with Benjamín.

"Patrón, we're here." The driver shouted shortly waking up Benjamín who squinted due to the bright sunlight but nodded his head. He turned to Estella, giving her a smile and a kiss on the forehead as the two got out stepping onto the fresh green grass.

"It's nice. There's a lot of nature." Estella commented, pointing to the colorful flowers and neatly cut grass. It was a lovely place, and she couldn't help but find this place so much nicer than the house back home.

¿Te gusta la naturaleza?" Benjamín smiled holding her hand as Ruth stepped out with their daughter, politely saying hi to the couple.

"I love nature. It's the best thing on this Earth." Estella answered as the two began to walk through a grassy path. The others in the background scrambled to carry their bags inside the house. The two walked in comfortable silence feeling glad to be in each other's presence.

"Estella...I love you so much and you know that. However, I'm a little confused about something." Benjamín scratched the back of his neck as Estella stopped in her tracks to look at him, trying to analyze his facial expression.

"What? Did I do something wrong?" Estella tilted her head as Benjamín shook his head while staring off into the distant clear blue sky.

"No...maybe I'm just overthinking shit, but last night when I asked you to talk about the meeting with Amado you sort of shrugged it off." Benjamín explained as Estella sighed while looking down at her shoes. She looked back up at him and nodded her head, knowing it was reasonable to be questioning this.

"Look, Benjamín, I'm not trying to hide anything from you and I don't want you to think that the meeting with Amado was anything suspicious or secretive. I'm just afraid you might get angry if I tell you what happened, and I don't want you having problems with Amado, especially at a time like this where more problems are the last thing we need." Estella clarified, holding Benjamín's hand. He looked away clearly not pleased to be hearing this, and before he could say anything he decided to walk away knowing that if he stayed it was just start an unnecessary argument.

"Benjamín! I'm not saying that I'm not going to tell you, I just don't want you to get mad." Estella chased after him as he turned around, ready to say what he needed to say.