( i. the beginning ) .* :☆゚

( Some things will be changed in this story but not too much and I know not everything isn't accurate or realistic but remember it's only a fanfic! Thanks )

꒰ THE BEGINNING ꒱

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Present day México

❝ 𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐀 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐔𝐒 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐎𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐌𝐄𝐗𝐈𝐂𝐎?

"That's a rather grand question. Don't you think?" Estella tilted her head, listening to the journalist's question. It had been decades since her last encounter with the cartels, and now she sat here telling her story.

"Is it true you worked with them?" The journalist's question took Estella back. Wasn't it a clear answer?

"Of course I did." She responded, twirling a piece of her hair between her fingers.

"Have you had any contact with Miguel Ángel Félix Gallardo or Rafael Caro Quintero? Anyone within the cartel world recently?" The journalist questioned, staring eagerly at the older woman in front of her. Estella gripped tightly to her gold necklace that was around her neck and swallowed the gulp in her throat.

"No, I haven't."

Decades Before ( 1980s)

"¿Crees que mamá y papá van a oír?" Estella asked worried about the consequences they might receive if they were caught sneaking out. Although she and Sofia were already adults, their parents were strict even to the point where they chose suitors for their daughters.

¿A quién importa? Somos libres!" Sofia laughed once the two had made their way out of their large house. Their father was the secretary of education and was all about modesty when it came to his daughters, however they happened to be the opposite. Sofia was one year younger than Estella yet was wild when you got to know her. While Estella was more reserved but was not afraid to go off when she needed to. Modesty was not the word to portray the two sisters.

"I can't believe dad is trying to marry me off to some gringo! He's ugly and his Spanish is awful! He tries too hard I want to marry somebody from here..." Estella groaned, not even wanting to think of the man she was doomed to marry. She always liked the idea of marrying someone from México, not some American.