( v. first mission ) .* :☆゚

꒰ FIRST MISSION ꒱

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Present Day México

❝ 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐉𝐎𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐑 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐋?

Estella studied the journalist wondering why they asked so many senseless questions. She agreed to do this interview to share her story perhaps help people understand that this life was not something you wanted to mess with.

"I would say at first I hated it. I despised Miguel Ángel and everyone else he worked with but after a while I grew accustomed to it and even began to love it more than everything. I felt like I had power and didn't ever want to stop." Estella replied shrugging thinking of her past. She thought it was strange how she had adored something that should have destroyed her life.

"Would you encourage the young people of México to join this type of lifestyle?" The journalist questioned scribbling down notes in her notebook. Estella glanced at the camera that was recording her every sentence.

"No not at all. Because either you end up dead, in a jail cell, or like me. I don't glorify my past because that feeling of being powerful is only temporary. Nothing lasts forever and eventually, your downfall will come." Estella said her stare directly at the camera.

Decades Before

The sunlight peered through the room as Estella sat on the bed wishing for sleep. She had eye bags under her eyes from the lack of sleep, and her hair was a tangled mess from the tossing and turning that had occurred the night before. She still was in shock knowing that now she was going to be involved in a powerful and dangerous cartel. Escaping was not on her mind deeming the fact that if she tried this time she would be killed with no hesitation.

"Hola. Buenos días. ¿Estás lista?" Isabella stepped into the room her black heels clicking with every step she took. Estella looked up at her questioning if she was serious. Nothing about the way Estella appeared looked "ready" for whatever they were going to make her do.

"No." Estella responded getting up from the bed and stretching. Isabella chuckled and only let out a sigh sitting on the bed.

"You see I understand you're in shock, but I'm going to give you clothes and perhaps even do your makeup because you have something important to do with Miguel Ángel today like he told you yesterday." Isabella explained. Estella didn't really have an impression on Isabella yet but right now at this moment she was aggravating her. It had only been a day and now she would be joining Miguel Ángel to who knows where to likely do something related to the business.