She paused for a while. Flashbacks of her mom strikes through her mind.
“Your dad and whole family made my mom’s life so miserable that she took her own life… Do you know how it feels to see your mom hanging down the ceiling lifeless???” Hyemi asks with a shaky voice, wiping off her tears.

“And yeah I don’t  have any emotions. I don’t love you or your brother. I don’t love any…”

As she says the line, suddenly a person’s thought comes into her mind.
“I don’t love anyone, you guys are just objects to me” Hyemi says before hanging up.

~~~~~

You went to the police station for any updates in Hyewon's case. But the officers rather seem ignorant about it. Now there’s only one person that you can talk to.

~~~~~

Few days later.

Your jaw drops by the extremely beautiful decoration as you enter the Byun Mansion. You sigh at the situation you got yourself into. Never have you ever thought you’ll have to attend Baekhyun’s engagement.
You enter the house full of people gossiping, wearing expensive clothes, talking about business and politics. This place reminds you of the time you were living here with Baekhyun. Funny how things turned out to be this way.

Suddenly someone taps on your shoulder from behind. You turn around to face him. “Oh, Heechul”

“Why do you always talk to me dropping honorifics? And what is this dress? After all this is your so called ex’s engagement; whom you dated for 0 days but had a fling for almost 7-8 months” he says.

“Ugh you’re exaggerating. Ahhh since you’re much older that me, I’d have called you Ajusshi. But you still look young and hot, so I don’t want to miss a chance” you say sarcastically.

“Ayy you know… *Heechul leans in and whispers in your ear* shall we start our drama??”

“Huh?” you act all surprised. Then the two of you walk to the garden together where the function is supposed to be ongoing.

You look around the garden. It’s filled with elegant people, lots of delicious food and alcohol. You are holding onto Heechul's hand and giggling from time to time.

While looking around, your eyes land on the stage. You can feel intense glaring from the couple standing there. Baekhyun and Hyemi. You see Hyemi gritting her teeth while eyeing your hand that is attached to Heechul's. She is clenching her hand so hard that it’s visibly shaking.
When Hyemi finally looks at you, you take the chance to pass a smirk at her. Then you look at Baekhyun with a cold gaze and walk away.

You go to the food court and take lots of food from there. With the food on your hands, you walk towards Baekhyun. “Congratulations for the engagement. I’ll enjoy the food, thanks for inviting me” you say with a smile but it disappears as soon as you walk past him.

Bacon glares at Hyemi, he was sure that she’s the one that invited you. Hyemi avoids his burning gaze and starts greeting the guests.

~~~~~

Everyone is gathering around Hyemi, greeting and congratulating her. But she can’t stop herself from staring at you and Heechul. She sees how he is being so nice and gentle to you.

‘Didn’t he break up only a few weeks ago!!! How can he just make a move so fast!!’

Suddenly Hyemi realizes what she was thinking. That’s why she always stayed away from Heechul. He made her become reflective without even realising it.

She remembers him very well. When her mother died, no one was there in her memorial day. Heechul, the only person that showed up with flowers. He said that her mother also looked after him so he was grateful. He told her that she can visit him whenever she needed anything.

That young 18 years boys's face was angelic to her at that time. It was enough to keep herself warm in the cold world. But she didn’t know that she’ll have to face him again in her revenge act.

‘He hated me, well it’s true, I can’t act in front of him. He kinda knew that my intention weren’t good all along. No, I have to control myself. If I become weak, I can’t win’ Hyemi gets lost in her thoughts again.

~~~~~

You are in the washroom washing your hands. You are looking at the mirror in front of you, suddenly you see Hyemi coming in.

“Never thought you’ll actually come” she says, fixing her hair.

“Same here but Heechul insisted me” you say smiling at her.

“After Baekhyun, I thought you’ll go after that Dr. Jongsuk but you are…” she stops midway, seeing how unbothered you look.

“You know when I first I saw you, you were acting so fragile. But I could tell that you’re faking it since I studied in psychology. But I wonder how Heechul could read you!!” you say, drying your hands.

Even without looking at her you could tell that her expressions are getting darker.

“You don’t even like him and you’re just hittin…” she says getting carried away.

“Wait , wait. You aren’t in a position to talk about it. But you know what?? Wanna know an interesting fact about Heechul? I bet you know everything about this family… but you don’t know anything about Heechul. As he is just a shareholder of the company and Baekhyun’s friend, right?”

She looks at you amused but laughs out loud later.

“I have nothing to do with him anyway”

Hyemi was about to leave but stops when she notices you pulling out a handkerchief from your bag.
Her eyes are glued to the handkerchief while you start speaking.

“Looks familiar, huh? Exactly like Baekhyun’s one. Your mom actually made two of these, remember?” you ask before getting out of the washroom, leaving her in shock.