Dave's Wacky Occurrences Book 1 Part 6

Musical Talent Part 1

"Man does it feel like a while since we had musical practice!" Q stretched his arms in the noisy auditorium, kids from 9-12 sat spread out in the rows of seats, talking, exchanging school gossip, a very casual environment, "Well we start getting our costumes today so that's pretty good." "Lt Brannigon... definitely a fitting roll for a giant person like you, so stern, loud, fitting!" "I honestly would have thought Master of Ceremonies would have a bigger role, shame it's just a few speaking lines." The freshman pawed through his script, there were only 4 pages with lines he spoke on, but he wasn't complaining, a few lines were still better than no lines. "And Rose you just got a dance troupe member role, what's the deal with that?" "We Dance more actively then others... and that's it." "Welp, that's a bit of a shame, however at least we all will get noticed for something in the end!" The large lad looked around the room, only a handful of kids got speaking rolls out of the 64, the remaining were near pointless background characters. "Background characters aren't pointless!" Julie butted in, "OH JEEZ! God you startled me!" "They aren't pointless; they're more like back up dancers, plus they help progress the plot for the audience." "Ok let me rephrase this, background characters don't get as much attention as those with major speaking or dancing parts." "Aren't you also in the dance troupe Julie?" "I am..." She timidly admitted, "And look at Don, he has a pretty good speaking part as well!" Don wrapped his arm around his girlfriend, "Indeed, but I still think Lt. Brannigon is pretty good." "Well you guys all get to wear suits, but I wear the most layers in this entire show!" The group was now sorting through their clothing bins that they had just received, "Trench coat, undershirt, white shirt, dress coat, 4 layers!" Quentin looked at his friend's overflowing bin, it had an assortment of hats, clothing, and one thing that caught his eye, "My good friend... what is that?" The group stared at the odd objects sitting at the bottom of his bin, "Those are fake cigars." "Fake cigars? When did you get allowed to use fake cigars?" "2 months ago." "Oh... well I'm gonna get some fake cigarettes then!" "You got to ask the director first." Don pointed at a group of adults, "Mrs. Buck must be over there somewhere!" "I'm not coming with you on this one, I bit the bullet, so if you want those fake cigarettes then you got to push for them." The lad rolled his eyes and began to walk over, "How did you convince her anyway?" "I just asked because it felt fitting to my character." Rose looked confused, "Fitting? How is a freshman with a fake cigar fitting?" "I'll show you after we get changed into our costumes... trust me this should be totally worth it." Meanwhile the band sat in the pit toying with their instruments as the maestro looked at his phone, "Why do we call Mr. Gane a national treasure again?" "It's just what we do, don't question it, it's just what we do..." Ed looked up towards the stage when he saw a familiar face look over, "And what are you doing down there?" "Being bored." "And?" "Strumming my Bass." "Oof, well have fun with that!" The girl got up to leave, "Wait, please it's so boring, and it's even worse now that She is here!" The lengthy lad motioned to a girl polishing her sax, "Who is that?" "Maggie..." "Maggie?" "Shhhhh.... She gets irritated very easily, especially if you talk about her." The girl looked up from her task and scanned the pit, it was her instinct that someone was talking about her, and Ed quickly changed the subject, "Anyway did the costumes finally get sorted?" "Indeed, I was actually about to put them on." "Well I won't keep you waiting... just pray that Maggie won't attack me during that time." As his girlfriend left he felt a chill go down his spine as he turned around, "So who was that Eggward?" The freshman clenched his fists, it pissed him off that she called him that, "Oh that's just my girlfriend Margaret!" "DON'T YOU EVER CALL ME THAT!" "Then don't call me Eggward, you're not my friend, and after what you did to Michael and David pray that I won't kick your ass as well." Maggie's face flushed red with rage as she spit on his bass and strutted away, "Dear god I really wish Jack hadn't have died now." He muttered to himself, Jack Fox was the original Saxaphone player for the pit, but after the Nasty Majesty incident he sadly died, and in his replacement now sat the worst possible person. "I swear to god if she tries anything I'll kick her ass into the next musical!" "Jeez you look like a mob boss in disguise David!" Quentin stared at his friend in the makeshift changing room, all the male students were changing in there, "See this is the benefit of a fake cigar!" He stuck the odd prop in his mouth and grinned, "Taste sweet!" "Does it?" "No, it's paper Q, paper doesn't taste sweet." The lad looked at his heavy set friend in his heavy trench coat, his plump face covered with the slight shadow of his green fedora, "You know that is pretty fitting for you!" "Well once you get your fake cigarettes I think your outfit should work perfectly as well." The freshman had a large coat which hung off of his body, inside were an assortment of watches and jewelry, "Mr. Swindler." "I prefer Hans the Hands, he sells items that fit perfectly around your hands and wrists!" "Oh Hardy HARGH!" The freshman suddenly clutched his chest and began to heave, "OH GOD! Are you ok!" The men in the room turned their attention to the gasping large lad, "Some get AGH!" Quentin stumbled back into one of the desks, a sharp pain shaking through his entire body, a panic now broke out through the room as more random men dropped. Each was either clutching their chests or panting heavily, as others rushed out of the room to find help, "Wha... What's happening!" In the pit Edward gripped tightly to his Bass, his hands shook and his legs felt weak as a throbbing pain vibrated through his body, Maggie watched the man confused as he let out a heavy gasp. Suddenly a burst of kids came through the doors into the auditorium, each screaming about how kids were collapsing in their changing rooms. And the adults acted exactly as Ed expected, frantically, some dialed 911, others bolted to the changing rooms, it was total chaos in the normal relaxed and calmed musical setting. "IT'S... THEY'RE..." David muttered loudly as his eyes dashed around wildly, the room practically was a ball of light to him, it was heavenly and horrifying as the terror engulfing him fused with the sudden pain, "WHAT!" His friend hobbled over to him weakly, crawling over to his lad as kids groaned and wheezed on the floor and desks, occasionally screaming or muttering something, "WHAT!" The large lad's hand suddenly grasped tightly on his friend's shoulders, and he flinched by hot his friend's hands felt, "Souls... THE SOULS!"