Chapter 33: Italy to America!

(Mature Language 18 +)

** 1 - 1/2 MONTHS BACK **

Erasto finally returned back to Italy from his undercover operation in Asia and Europe. But this man instantly regretted his decision. Of course the reason behind his regret was none other than his own father, Alessandro.

The instant he got hold of his son, he started giving him advices about moving on and getting married. Even though he always was in favour of Cici being his daughter-in-law, for some reason he couldn't see his son without a life partner. He was way beyond broken that Cici was no more and he couldn't see his son suffering like this.

You call him selfish or concerned, he is a father and he couldn't see his son sad. So, he started forcing him into getting married and even tried to lure him with the title of 'Capo' (Boss) if he gets married but then who was he kidding?

The once playboy was now a one woman man. Yes, true to his word he never looked at any other woman. Cici was the only one for him till his last breath; even after that. But as days passed and his father started forcing him about marriage he didn't know what to do.

He was not ready to talk to anyone about Cici because he was scared and worried he would break his promise to her.

He already let their little marriage secret slip out of his mouth in front of Ricardo. And he was extremely angry at himself for breaking this promise. However, Ricardo understood how much it meant to his brother and his sister-in-law, so he chose to keep quiet and forgot about it.

As far as Xander was concerned, he was smart enough to put two and two together. Technically speaking, he didn't break any promise and he liked to keep it that way. Xander was also an understanding brother and friend so even he chose to keep this little secret, a secret forever in front of the elders.

But unlike Ricardo he couldn't forget about it. And Erasto's absence was really not helping the case. There wasn't a day that he didn't miss his sister and his brother-in-law. But then again, he was also a man of promises so; he chose to give the much needed space Erasto had asked nearly 2 years back.

Thus, to protect their secret Erasto never spoke to anyone about Cici. To someone new, it would look like these two were strangers. He was that away from her topic at least that's what he made it look like. But within him; in his mind, heart and soul; she was the only one residing.

So, this man played a double faced game! Whenever he was forced about marriage, all he said was...

"I don't want to be tied down to one woman!"

"I don't want to marry!"

"I am enjoying my single life!"

"I don't want a family of my own! I am fine on my own!"

Lying through his teeth he avoided the topic of marriage and settling down every single time.

But then how long could he prolong this? All his life?

* * *

"Hello Hello Baby Girl! Missed me? Awwww!" Jonathan greeted with a fake pout playing on his wrinkled face but Cici didn't even look at him. For a month he wasn't around and she was way beyond the term 'glad'.

"How are you this morning Sweety?" He asked limping and making his way towards her while she sat like a lifeless doll making plans on how to kill him 'again'. Yes, there was one day when he tried to force himself on her and she actually choked him curling over those iron chains around his neck.

A few more seconds and she would have really killed him but Robert saved this nasty b****** making things even more difficult for her. And since then, they had shortened the length of the iron chains restricting her movements even more.