"Also what is it that you are supposedly mad at him about?" Abuela asks, cocking her head to the side.

Isabella blinks slowly as I nod my head.

"Yes, why don't you enlighten us," I prompt, failing to hide the sly smile playing on my lips.

She flits her eyes across all of us as we wait for an answer and even Valeria pauses on her stirring and turns around to look at her daughter expectantly.

Bella merely shoves her phone into the back pocket of her jeans and grabs me by the elbow, hauling me up from the stool and dragging Sofia and I out of the kitchen door.

"C'mon let's watch football," she mutters under her breath.

***

We've been watching the Thanksgiving football game in silence for the last hour.

Complete and utter silence and frankly, it is making me antsy.

So far the game is off to a very slow start with the Dallas Cowboys versing the Detroit Lions. No one is in the lead and the teams are seemingly tied and the excruciatingly slow advancement of the game isn't helping with my situation either.

As the game slowly rolls into halftime however, Isabella finally speaks up.

"I thought you said you would give it a rest."

I snap my head from where my gaze was latched onto to the TV to where Isabella is staring at me from the other side of the couch.

"Give what a rest?"

She shoots me a look and I quickly realise what she's insinuating.

"Oh you mean what happened in the kitchen?" I pause waiting for confirmation before continuing and she nods her head. I shrug my shoulders defiantly. "I saw the chance and I took it."

She rolls her eyes. "Well stop, I already told you I'll tell you when I'm ready."

"You're taking ages though," I whine, slumping back down against the couch.

"The more impatient you are the more longer I'll take to tell you."

I turn my body around to face her. "Okay how about this," I begin, tilting my head to the side as an idea pops into my head. "What if I find out whatever it is without asking you or Mia or Grace."

She cocks an eyebrow and scoffs. "If it means you'll stop bothering me, sure, go ahead, but I doubt you'll figure it out on your own, I mean you still haven't yet."

I narrow my eyes at her. "That's just making me more determined to find out by myself."

Ignoring me, she focuses her attention back onto the TV.

"You're so annoying you know that." Her fingers fiddle with the hem of her beige coloured cardigan as she speaks, irritation lacing her features. "I feel like we're stuck in this bloody loop of you begging me to tell you what's wrong and me telling you no and you continuing to pester me even despite saying you'll stay away."

She then shakes her head and snorts. "I mean how many times have we had this exact fucking conversation."

"4 times," I reply bluntly causing her to roll her eyes.

"You're unbelievable."

"Yes," I agree, turning back to face the TV. "Unbelievably good looking, unbelievably talented, unbelievably se-you get the memo."

"Okay." She stands up abruptly from the couch before making a gesture to her head. "I'm going to check on dinner, your presence is killing brain cells."