15. Magical Fingers

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"True, I'll try to be home before the movie or games," I claim.

"Don't worry, I'll talk to King about what time you need to be home by," Grayson says.

And on cue, the doorbell rings.

I look at my apple watch and realize that it's only ten fifty-six.

He's punctual too, huh.

I quickly finish my coffee and head towards the door.

Since King said I should dress casual and comfy, I decided to wear black leggings, white Nike air forces and a white crop top with a grey Nike hoodie layered over top which I left unzipped. I tied my hair up in a high ponytail and let some loose ends out to frame my face and make it look a little more effortless. For makeup, I'm only wearing a little bit of concealer, mascara, blush and lip gloss.

I open the door to a very nervous, yet handsome King who's wearing dark grey dress pants with a black t-shirt tucked in. To accessorize, he's wearing a cross necklace, a black watch and a few rings on multiple fingers. He's also wearing his signature leather jacket over top paired with white shoes.

His hair is dishevelled with a few pieces draping over his eyes and I watch the deep grey orbs shrink to the edges as his pupils dilate.

"Hi," I smile.

"Hi," he breathes out. "Y-you look great."

"Me? Look at you, damn. You clean up well. I mean not that you needed to or anything. You look good all the time. Okay, that does not sound appropriate. Let me just rephrase that. I have never seen you in this style and it suits you and I'm proud that you can experiment around. Okay, yeah. That sounds better," I finally stop talking.

King looks at me with a huge smile probably entertained by my dumbness. I then notice the bouquet of white roses in his hands.

"I got you these," he says extending them to me. I take them with a huge smile on my face.

"They're so beautiful, thank you. Roses are my favourite," I tell him and he smiles.

"Okay, good. I know you're not the girliest girl out there so I was either expecting you to just accept these or throw them back in my face. I was prepared for both reactions to be honest," he nervously shares.

"Okay, you have such a bad impression of me," I laugh.

"No, I didn't mean it like that. I just meant that you're just bold and I didn't know what to expect."

"I'll believe you on that. I'm pretty unpredictable," I concede.

"Yeah and no one knows that better than us," I hear Grayson come from behind me. His hand lands on my shoulder and look back at him smiling.

Let the intimidating begin.

"King, this is my oldest brother and legal guardian, Grayson," I introduce.

Grayson's wearing sweats and a matching sweater, so he's not as intimidating as he usually is when he's wearing his business attire. That being said, Grayson's energy is still daunting. I see King broaden his shoulders a little more in response, probably to cover his fear.

Grayson extends his hand and King gives him a firm handshake with full eye contact.

Good job, King!