Red x Blue // OriginalShipping

Blue's POV~

Sometimes, I can't understand Red, and it's really frustrating. 

He sat on our bed, tugging at his shirt and looking down. I stood in front of him, having asked multiple times what was bothering him in the sweetest, gentlest way, but to no avail. He just sat there, refusing to meet my eyes and refusing to speak.

Red spoke to me often. After years of being together, it would be hard for him not to. I did most of the talking, but he would tell me if we needed eggs, if he wanted to battle, that he loved me, among other things. It was nothing unusual. Sometimes, he just wouldn't, though, especially when I needed him to.

"What?" I snapped, and he flinched. I sighed, rubbing my temples. I didn't want to be the bad guy. 

I loved Red with all my heart, but being with him had its challenges. I had become pretty good at understanding him, and most of the time, when other people couldn't, they looked to me for an answer. 

"Why do you have to make this so hard on me?" I asked softly, sitting down on the bed next to him. He placed his hand on top of mine, and I pulled away agitatedly. "Speak, Red!"

I knew I had messed up when he walked out of the room, slamming the door behind him. I grabbed a pillow, pressing it into my face and nearly screaming. He was so difficult. I wondered how Gold put up with Silver when he threw his tantrums. Gold was a lot nicer than me, though. I put down the pillow I had just groaned into, its case bunched up where my fists were. Maybe Red wasn't the one throwing a tantrum.

And now I'm the bad guy who yelled at my sweet, soft boyfriend for something he couldn't help. I wondered why he was still with me.

It didn't surprise me when I walked down the stairs and Red wasn't home. He was probably out on a walk or training with his Pokémon. I assured myself that he just needed space and that he would be back later. He always came back.

But a few hours passed, and I started to get worried. It was dark outside, and Red had taken nothing but his Poké Balls, so I had no way to contact him. I gave it another hour, tapping my foot anxiously as I watched the clock, and when it neared midnight, I couldn't wait any longer. I grabbed my coat and my Pokémon and headed outside. I released my Aerodactyl and climbed on its back, flying over the trees to search for Red on the outskirts of town.

I only found him by the light of his Pikachu's Thunder, and I swooped down to meet him, careful to avoid the Electric attacks. He didn't notice me, even as I landed.

"Red!" I called, and he turned, nodding in greeting. I struggled to see him in the dark, but as I got closer, I could see he was sweating despite the cold. My brows were furrowed, and I motioned with my hands while I spoke. "It's almost midnight. What the hell were you thinking? I was worried sick!" His eyes widened a bit. He had lost track of time. Typical.

"Sorry," he said quietly, looking to the side. I sighed softly, and he returned his Pikachu before I took his hand, helping him get onto my Aerodactyl's back. He held on to me tighter than he needed to as we flew back home, and I was kicking myself because I knew I had hurt him. He expected me of all people to understand and be patient with him, but I let my frustrations get the best of me.

When we landed, I made sure to take Red's hand as we walked inside. I only let go to take off my coat, and he set his cap on the table before sitting on the couch. I sat down next to him, folding one leg beneath me and reaching out to ruffle his hair. He let himself smile, and I did the same.

"Hey," I said softly, brushing my thumb over his cheek. "I'm really sorry, baby."

He turned his head to kiss my palm, and I knew I was forgiven.

"You don't have to tell me what's wrong," I continued, "but if you want to, I'm here for you, okay?"

He nodded and then leaned forward, placing his lips on mine, light and unmoving. I leaned into it, glad to have received a kiss from him.

We sat in silence for a bit, just touching and looking at each other, stealing kisses on each other's cheeks every few moments. I ran my fingers through his short hair, and he trailed his hands up and down my clothed chest.

"Jell-O," he said quietly after awhile, and it stumped me, because what? I thought silently for a minute or two before it hit me. I had eaten the last cup of Jell-O.

"Are you serious?" I asked, and he nodded firmly, frowning. "Arceus, Red, you-" I cut myself off, and I started laughing. "You bastard!"

I wrapped my arms around him, pulling him to lie down on the couch with me as I laughed. I poked at his sides, causing him to chuckle a little with me. He buried his face in my neck, and I held him close to me as our laughter subsided.

"I'll buy you some more, you big baby," I said, and he pressed a kiss to my neck in thanks.

We fell asleep on the couch that night, and I thanked whatever god was out there that Red ended up in my arms.