Hilda x N // FerrisWheelShipping

N's POV~

"Ooh, N! N! Look over there!" Hilda tugged on my shirt, pointing frantically to a booth with various pokeballs set up in the front. "It's a game! Can we play it? Pleeeeeease?"

"Calm down, Hilda," I sighed, shaking my head. "I'll win you a prize. These carnival games are easy."

"Yay!" she squealed, and I shot a knowing look to her. She nodded, putting on a straight face and exhaling loudly, but couldn't help but giggle afterwards.

"C'mon." I led her to the booth where pins were set up in the back and a basket of baseballs sat on the front desk.

Pokeballs lined the prize counter. Pokeballs...a strange prize, they were. They weren't very expensive to buy at the Pokemart, either.

"We'd like to try this activity," I nodded towards the man running the booth and set a dollar bill on the table before me.

"You get three balls," he instructed. "Knock over the pins, and you win. Give it your best shot."

I grasped a baseball, and Hilda watched excitedly. Throwing it fiercely at the first target, I knocked down all three pins successfully.

Hilda cheered, and I smiled. I would do anything to make her happy.

I picked up the second ball, but a sudden rush jolted through me, and I placed the ball back in the basket. Cries of pain ran through my head. I snapped toward the pokeballs on the counter. They weren't empty as I had thought they were.

"My friends!" I nearly leaped over the front desk before Hilda grabbed my arm.

"N!" she scolded. "You said you wouldn't do this!"

"You bastard!" I pointed a finger abruptly at the man in front of me. "How dare you keep my friends held captive to give away as prizes to complete strangers! You disgust me with your evil way-" Hilda grabbed my mouth to stop me.

"I'm sorry!" the man apologized. "I-I didn't do anything!" I attempted to get out a few more nasty remarks, but a sharp pain to my foot stopped me as Hilda crushed it with hers.

"No, your fine! N's just...weird like this sometimes! He's been through a lot...you can't even imagine," Hilda tried to explain.

The man kept glancing from Hilda to me with a scared look in his eye like I might attack him. I'm not the violent type, but my friends need my help!

"Please don't call security!" she pleaded. "It's only our first date!"

The man nodded, and I calmed just a little. Hilda sighed, looking at me with a sad expression.

"Hilda..." I started to apologize, but she cut me off with a smile.

"You're so weird," she laughed, and I furrowed my eyebrows. "Just finish your game."

I turned back to the game and forced myself to ignore my friends' sharp cries of pain for the time being. I knocked down the second tower of pins before shooting a murderous glare at the villain before me.

After accomplishing the goal of the game, I was instructed to pick a pokeball as my prize. Taking one hesitantly, I didn't give it to Hilda, but released the pokemon from its cage.

"A Shroomish!" Hilda gushed. "Wow! They're super rare in Unova, and not to mention, super adorable!"

I snapped the pokeball in half without hesitation, making Hilda gasp in shock.

"You're free, my friend!" I announced. "Go! Into the wild where you belong!"

It cuddled my leg quickly before trotting on its stubby legs into its natural habitat.

"What did you just do?!" Hilda exclaimed.

"I helped a friend in need," I said, sliding another dollar towards the man in charge of the booth. "I'd like to give it another go, please."

~~~~~~

It was late afternoon, and I had successfully released each and every one of my friends. Except for a baby Sandshrew, who was too small to survive on its own, in which I gave to Hilda.

"The sunset's beautiful," Hilda said in awe while staring at the swirl of colors that framed the sun.

"I bet it would look even more beautiful from the top of the Ferris wheel," I thought aloud. Hilda turned to me and grinned. Just like the first time we met...

Before I knew it, we were next in line for a seat for two on the Ferris wheel. Hilda sat on the outside and leaned her head on my shoulder tiredly.

"Today's been amazing," she said.

"I agree," I replied.

Her figure against mine looked so fragile and tender. Her skin radiated from the soft, orange glow of the sun. Her hair fell naturally beautifully onto her shoulders. It reminded me of what made me fall for her in the first place.

The Ferris wheel came to a stop at the very top and I grasped Hilda's hand gently. I studied the sky and the bright outline of the earth and sun as it set. The clouds were a mixture of a soft pink and radiant yellow.

"Gorgeous," Hilda awed, grinning.

"Not as gorgeous as you." I smiled as she giggled at my comment. I placed a kiss to her temple and rested my head on top of hers.

Right here, at this moment, everything felt perfect.