Ari😍:
yes! im so fucking hungry. i really want some Asian food
(Read 3:27 A.M.)

Noodlehead🍜🥰:
I know just the place. You at home? I can come pick you up in 15.
(Read 3:27 A.M.)

Ari😍:
yep, see you then baby❤️
(Read at 3:28 A.M.)

Deciding not to deal with explaining to any of Mikey's family where I was going, I just shimmied out of the window and climbed down the fire escape that was near me.

My bike was parked right on the street in front of their apartment, and I quickly fished my helmet out from under the seat before hopping on and starting it up.

The drive to upper Manhattan was relatively short, and before I knew it, I was sending a friendly smile to the security guard, and heading up the elevator to Ariana's penthouse.

"Baby?" I called out when I walked into her place and she was nowhere to be found.

Suddenly I spun around as I heard a voice behind me. "Hey babu. Sorry I was in the studio."

The sight of her, after not seeing her since before the funeral, caused emotions to whirl in my chest, and I quickly collapsed into her open arms when she noticed the look on my face. I buried my face in her neck, and though the position was slightly painful, I didn't want to move.

It finally felt like I could breathe again after drowning for so long.

"Hi baby." I whispered into her skin. Scared that if I spoke too loudly the universe might decide to take away the last sliver of happiness I had left.

I could feel her teetering back and forth on her tiptoes, struggling to maintain a comfortable height for our hug; so I just picked her up, feeling her legs wrap around my waist. "Hi."

I moved us over to the couch, sitting down comfortably and just relishing her presence.

When they talk about soulmates they never mentioned this part. They never mentioned how just their presence alone could help you feel so at peace no matter what you were going through. Even if the whole world was against me, and my heart felt like a sliced up piece of shit, I knew I had Ari.

That made things a little easier.

"What did you want to eat, baby?" She whispered against my neck, the warm wisp of her breath tickling my skin.

"You."

"Very funny. I meant for real; because I'm hungry, and as much as I love to swallow, I don't think that would be really filling right now."

My eyes widened at her words, and if I was in a better place of mind I would try to test that theory. I was nowhere near ready for sex yet though, and she knew that. "I wanted to go out at first, but now I kinda just want to stay here with you. Want me to cook something?"

"Yes please!" She excitedly raised her voice, sitting up to stare in my eyes as she lightly bounced in my lap. "I love when you cook for me baby."

"I know, I know." I couldn't keep the smile off of my face at how she was acting. "Watchu want me to cook?"

"Hmm.." she put her fingers on her chin, eyebrows crunching up as she thought about this extremely important question. "Stir fry?"