Cloud 9

I did not proofread, so any typos are my bad💀

I remember being a kid fascinated by the concept of soulmates. One person, that was mine to love and love me back, unconditionally, all for eternity. I wasn't a girly girl but I loved fairy tales, and a one true love was something I was obsessed with.

When my parents first explained it to me, I was enraptured, and entirely consumed with the thought of finding my own.

As I got older I started to realize the vast improbability of ever meeting mine, and this was because of three reasons.

1. Though I was tall, before I got braces and started working out, I had really bad teeth and was kind've overweight. Middle school and early high school was rough for me because of the bullies.

2. No one I ever knew besides my parents had found their soulmate. I watched all of my classmates and some family members filter in and out of relationships like they were playing a game of hot potato with their heart.

3. After my family died, I thought I had shut down my heart. The only person who I let past my shield, and actually felt love, genuine love, for was Mikey. I didn't think I would even be capable of feeling love for anyone else.

I didn't think I was capable until my hazel eyes met her gentle yet beautiful chocolate eyes, and holy fuck if I didn't suddenly understand what true love was.

"Umm. Earth to Y/n! I know you practically ready to drop on one knee, but you're being a creeper and just staring, buddy."

I dropped my head, sighing with embarrassment at the jackass I called my best friend.

Not even bothering to validate his words with a response, I sent a small smile Ari's way. "Hey, it's amazing to finally meet you in person." Everything in my body pulled me towards her, and suddenly she was wrapped in my arms, her face nuzzling my neck as we hugged.

I had known about soulmates my whole life, yet I didn't know it was possible to love someone this completely after just meeting them. "I finally found you." Her words were mumbled against my skin, whispered quietly enough for only me to hear, and my heartbeat started going crazy.

"Hey um, nice to meet you too, my names Mikey." Ariana pulled back reluctantly, a light blush settling onto her tan skin.

Glaring at Mikey, I wondered if it was smart to beat his ass now or later. Either way I was gonna kill him for interrupting my moment.

She held out her hand towards him, shaking it a couple of times, and I did a little victory dance in my head at the fact that he didn't get a hug too. After the initial greeting, Ari asked us to come in and get a tour of the place.

The entire time we walked I had to fight the urge to hold her hand. Yes, I was already head over heels for her, and I knew she was feeling the same, but she could be in a relationship for all I know. I wanted to wait to talk to her before I made a move.

"And this is the IMAX theater, last room on the tour besides the studio of course." My jaw was pretty firmly on the ground after she showed us around. If it wasn't the 70 foot indoor pool, or entire rooftop garden resort, the complete IMAX theater definitely sealed in the fact that she was beyond rich.

"You know how amazing Harry Potter would look in here!!" I excitedly geeked out, ignoring Mikey's eye roll at the mention of my favorite movie series. He said I watched it too much, but I could give zero fucks. It was a classic.

Something in Ariana's demeanor changed, and she whipped around to look at me, face lighting up. "You like Harry Potter?"

"Fuck yeah I do!"