Wishing Well

"Why did you let them do this to me, Y/n?" A cold hand gripped unto my wrist, lifeless eyes staring up into my own under the blood that was pouring out from a hole between them. "You were supposed to be my homie. My family. And you let them kill me."

"I tried to save you! I tried man! I swear I tried!" I sobbed, trying and failing to shield my eyes from the view of the dead man in front of me.

"You didn't try hard enough!"

"Mikey please! I'm so sorry!"

"You let them kill me!" The grip on my wrist became bruising, anger bleeding into the devilish tone of his voice. "You let them kill me! You let them kill me!"

I gasped as I woke up, breath finally rushing into lungs that felt too deprived.

Cold droplets of sweat ran down my skin, dripping into the already soaked sheets underneath my body, and I flung the covers off of me. I was too hot, the material almost suffocating in its hold.

A knock on the door made me sit up, bringing me out of my trance. "Come in."

Mikey's Mother, Bianca, came in through the door, eyes as bloodshot as I expected my own to be. "I heard some sounds in here. Another nightmare?"
I nodded silently as a pained sigh left her lips. "How is your head feeling?"

"The headaches are getting better. Doc said I should be fully healed within the week."

She nodded, a long silence following my words as we both got lost in our individual pain. "Well, you know I'm only two doors away if you need me, sweetie. I love you."

"I love you too, Mama Foster."

I laid back down with a sigh, staring out my open window at the downtown of New York City.

After Mikey's funeral, I came to stay with his family for a little while. I needed to escape from California, paparazzi, fans, questions, and most of all Republic Records. I knew they were somehow still watching me, making sure I didn't give up their heinous secret, but they didn't openly bother me... for now.

My phone buzzed next to me, a FaceTime call coming in from someone I had been trying to ignore.

Jasmine's name flashed across the screen, and I quickly hit decline. She had been trying and failing to reach me since the funeral. I knew she had questions, but I couldn't provide the answers she needed. It was too dangerous, and I knew Mikey would want me to protect her at all cost.

The longer I sat in this room the more suffocated I felt. I tried to open up the window for fresh air, but no wind could fight through the cloying oxygen that surrounded me.

I needed an escape.

Noodlehead🍜🥰:
You sleep?
(Read 3:21 A.M.)

Ari😍:
i'm awake baby, what's up?
(Read 3:22 A.M.)

Noodlehead🍜🥰:
Where you at rn?
(Read 3:22 A.M.)

Ari😍:
just made it back to ny like an hr ago. there was a delay at the London airport😪
(Read 3:24 A.M.)

Oh yeah, I forgot she was doing a show in London yesterday night.

Ari😍:
u still staying at Mikey's moms?"
(Read 3:24 A.M.)

I fought down a flinch when I read over his name.

Noodlehead🍜🥰:
Yeah, want to grab something to eat though? Kinda need to just get out of the house atm.
(Read 3:26 A.M.)