Digging Deeper

Enjoy!

"It's the opposite of fun."

"Nuf, get it."

"oh, hahahaha I get it now."

I rolled my eyes in amused humor at the childish comedy in Sam and Cat. Say what you want about Nickelodeon, but this show was fucking golden.

I heard the front door open, and I immediately turned the TV off. Today was the end of the awkward silence that surrounded my relationship. Coming into the living room, I watched Ariana's eyes widen as she saw me. I had gotten Normani to let me into Ariana's hotel room, so she had no idea I was here.

Seems she wasn't the only one surprised, because I could feel my jaw drop when I saw who came around the corner behind her. I quickly fixed my face, smacking my lips while my eyes narrowed.

"What are you doing here?"

I breathed out evenly when Ari addressed me, trying to keep my mentality in check. "I wanted to talk, but I see you have company." I nodded at Dalton, more so pointing to him instead of greeting him.

Jealousy ran through my system, but I was mostly just sad that Ariana seemed fine even though we haven't had a real conversation in a while. I was struggling to even smile without spending time with her. "It's okay though, we can just talk another time." Standing up, I dusted off my jeans and prepared to head to the door.

I watched her eyes soften, and I knew she could sense some of what I was feeling. "Dalton, I'll see you at the concert. Thank you so much for your help." His mouth opened, almost in protest, but when he saw the glare I was directing to him he smartly shut his mouth. Nodding, he headed out of the room.

The room was silent for a few moments, our locked gazes communicating more than words could. When I opened my arms towards her, she didn't hesitate to walk into them. "I missed you, babu."

"I missed you so much, baby."

She nuzzled her face in my neck, and I could feel her lips smiling against my skin. "When they said that being apart from your soulmate was hard, I never thought they meant you could physically feel the distance. It felt like a piece of my heart was out of my body."

I listened to her words and couldn't find a single lie. The way she explained how she felt was exactly what I was going through too. It was hard.

"Can we agree to at least try to talk through our fights so this doesn't happen again?"

She nodded, and I sighed with relief. Knowing Ari, and how passionate and vocal she was there was most likely going to be a lot of yelling in these "talks" but I would rather have that then distance.

"Also," she leaned back, slowly placing her lips on mine before speaking against them. "Happy late birthday. I was going to tell you earlier, but I had to wait for your presents."

My ear perked up at presents, but I remained calm. "Thank you so much, princess. You know you didn't have to get me anything."

"Yes, but I wanted to." She smiled cheekily.

"It better not be anything super expensive." Growing up my parents weren't the richest, so I had learned to appreciate all types of gifts. Plus anyone getting me something over like $20 made me feel kinda bad.

Walking towards the front door, she snorted and my stomach dropped to my ass. Yeah, I definitely had to start saving up to pay her back.

I followed her to where she was going, and she brought us out to the back of the hotel. Before opening the door, she reached outside of it, blocking my view and bringing two bags inside.