"You know if you just lower your pride, you'll be happier." I didn't notice that he already returned to his seat.

"Done making out?" I just replied.

"I am not." He cracked up. "I was just curious how does lipstick tastes and it's fucking terrible. So? Should I drive you there?"

"Can we just check on him but I am not going to show myself."

"Noted, sir."

We were now parked on the street across their store. I saw him hugging the woman, his co-employee. This is what I am talking about. I was standing outside the car looking intently at how Mew flirts in his work. This is what he does during overtime. I am glad I broke up with him.

He saw me. I saw him running towards me.

"Cirrus, please speed up. This is your fault."
I am so mad. Why did I expect him to be sad like me? I thought he will at least feel bad about what happened between us but he was not.

"I am sorry. Stop crying now."

"I am not crying stupid," I yelled.

He stopped the car.

"The next time you feel like crying, please don't do it in front of me." He told me.

Mew's POV

I am making myself believe that Gulf is just on a week vacation and will return to me after relaxing. I still text him my whereabouts and what I am doing. This is one step to get him back. I realized that he was right, I almost have no time for him. I reread my messages for the past months and all my texts are always about picking him up. I miss Gulf so much.

I talked to dad about the position I am aiming for now. I asked for a branch manager position at least, I'll aim higher after the experience.
I explained to him how I am losing my time with Gulf. When I mentioned him, dad agreed. I got the position again because of him. He is my lucky charm as always.

I texted him that I'll work overtime since this is my last day with this branch. They asked me to eat out but I declined. Gulf hates it, right?

The manager walked in front of me. She is just six years older than me but acted like my mom here.

"Everything will be alright, Mew. He loves you and we all know how devoted you are to your boyfriend so go, win him back." She opened her arms wide for a hug.

I just hugged her. "Thanks, boss."

"We will miss you here. Just keep doing what you are doing and you're dad will see that you deserve the spot."

I hope so. I will try to win him back now. One week has passed already.

I turned around to see him standing across the street. It was dark but I can see his blank expression from where I am standing.

He quickly gets inside the car.

He misunderstood it again. Fuck it.

I tried calling him but he was not answering.
This destiny is fucking playing with my life.

Gulf's POV

Now my decision is final. I just made the right choice. I keep talking to myself in front of the mirror.

I am going back to my condo.

I won't be afraid of meeting him again if ever.

It was Sunday morning and I was just busy reorganizing my unit.

I put Mew's stuff in a big box. He has a lot for heaven's sake.

"Will you get your stuff or you want me to just donate it? Everything was placed in a box already." I messaged him.

"I am coming baby."

I felt anxious after reading his message.

"I will sleep. Just get it and leave right away. No need to wake me up." I covered myself with a blanket and forced myself to sleep. I don't want to talk to him. After I sent the message my phone battery died. I charged it and went back to bed.

Two hours have passed and I still can't sleep. All the sounds from outside make me feel uneasy. I always thought that it was him already.

I heard the door opened finally. Now I am sure that this is him.

"Baby?" I felt my bed moved.

He kissed my cheek. "I miss you so much. Please give me another chance."

I just ignored him.

"I realized how ass I was. I will give more time to you. I was promoted already. Dad gave me a higher position, not my dream position but still better than the old one."
He just keeps speaking. "Can you give me that one week trial too? The one you gave to Joss after you broke up. Give me a chance to make it right, if you're still not satisfied then I'll accept it."

"You have no right to tell me what to do. I am decided. Thanks to you."

He pinned me on my bed.

He was about to kiss me. I am longing for this. He was licking his lips while staring at mine.

I almost closed my eyes when I heard a loud knock on the door. Who could that be?

"Do you have a guest?" He asked.

He stood up and opened the door.

"Why the fuck are you here?" Mew yelled.

Cirrus ignored him and walked towards me.

"I have a buzzer there why knock? Stupid."
I teased him.

"This is no time for jokes Gulf. Why did you turn off your phone? I tried calling you several times." I pointed to my phone on the bedside table which was attached to a power bank. "Let's go now." He grabbed my hand.

I saw Mew fuming with rage. "So this is why you don't want to fix our relationship because you started already with a new one."

"Shut up. You don't know anything." Cirrus is being serious. He turned to me. "I'll explain to you, all your family is there already. They are waiting for you."

I stood up and followed him. I don't know why I was nervous.

"Mew close the door when you leave," I asked him.

"Lock it yourself. Just donate everything." He walked past us.

I turned to Cirrus. "Now breathe and tell me what happened."

"Security was heightened in the mansion. Everyone is now alert. Your grandfather was shot and currently in critical condition. So let's go."

Pops was shot. I can't breathe. He held me for support. "I am here, okay? Everything will be alright."