XLV. Bad Surprises

Start from the beginning

I gave it another 5 minutes and then if he doesn't show up I'm going to call him.

And then another 5 minutes passed, I was getting more and more anxious. He's probably ok, I'm just worried about him.

I tried to dial his number but it went to voicemail. "What the hell?" I said to myself as I looked at my phone.

I then jumped at the sound of the door opening. It was Johnny, he looked tired.

"Dude, what too-" I began to say but then I saw his hand. It was bruised and red. I also noticed he had some glass in his hair.

"What the hell happened." I asked him with concern. I got up from the couch and walked up to him.

He shook his head, I picked up his hand to get a better look at it.

"Let me get you ice for this." I said and then walked to his kitchen.

He walked over to the couch and didn't say anything, he just sat down.

I got a bowl and put ice in it, it should help with swelling. I walked back over to him and put the bowl on the coffee table in front of him.

I sat down next to him as he looked at the bowl. "What happened?" I asked him.

"I don't think you wanna know." He said as he looked at me.".

I raised my eyebrows and scoffed, "You're hurt, I'd like to know what happened to you." I said.

He sighed and stroked his hair, causing some glass to fall out. I brushed some of the glass out as well.

"Kreese isn't dead." He said as I brushed the glass out. I then froze.

He's kidding.

"You're joking, right?" I asked him as I lowered my hand. He didn't smile, he shook his head.

I felt my ears get red, that son of a bitch.

"He did this to you." I said sternly. He could tell my anger level was getting high, so he put his hand on my lap.

"He did, but I'm ok." He said comfortingly. I took a deep breath and got the bowl and put it on his lap.

He didn't put his hand in, so I took his hand and put it in the bowl for him

He didn't put his hand in, so I took his hand and put it in the bowl for him. "It'll help." I said.

He nodded and continued to put it in the bowl.