XXXV. Lies

The Next Day

      I slowly woke up to the sound of a tv

I slowly woke up to the sound of a tv. I completely have forgotten that I was still at Johnny's, I must've fallen asleep.

I opened my eyes to see that my head was resting on Johnny's lap. I turned my head to the back of the couch to see Johnny watching something on the tv.

He then looked down at me and smiled. "Good morning angel." He said in a soft voice.

I rubbed my eyes, "Good morning." I said through a yawn. I scooted myself off of his lap and sat up, was I asleep on him the whole night?

I laughed a tiny bit, "Was I sleeping on your lap the whole time?" I asked as I felt myself become a little embarrassed.

He smiled even more and nodded. I shook my head in embarrassment and covered my face.

He laughed and put his hand on my back and started to rub it. "You could have just woken me up so you could go to your bed. It would've been a lot more comfy." I said with a chuckle.

He shrugged and smiled, "I didn't want to move." He said while he looked deep into my eyes. I felt my cheeks get a little hot and I smiled.

"Well, thank you for helping through my mini break down." I said.

He nodded and smiled. He sighed and got up to go to the kitchen. My gaze followed him the whole time-Watching him get orange juice and a slim jim out of the fridge.

"So, you want a slim jim or baloney?" He asked sheepishly. I chuckled softly and stood up, but fell back down onto the couch. My head was beginning to throb, here comes the hangover.

He quickly turned around and looked at me with concern. "Are you ok?" He asked worriedly.

I held my head as it pounded, "I'm fine." I said. He shook his head and smiled as he walked to his bathroom.

I tried to stand up again and succeeded. I walked over to the island and sat on the stool.

Johnny came back out with a bottle of ibuprofen. He took a pill out and gave it to me. "Here, trust me it helps." He said with a smile.

I smiled and nodded, then I took the pill and swallowed it with some of the orange juice that he had gotten out.

Johnny walked to the other side of his island and just looked at me. I finished drinking the orange juice and set it down on the counter.

"So I totally broke down last night, huh?" I asked with an embarrassed tone in my voice. Johnny smiled and looked down at the counter.

"Yeah." He said softly. I smiled and snorted a tiny bit. Every time I ever get drunk, I always say something that I'll regret saying the morning after.