Halloween Terror

A Month Later

Things are great here. Well, my mom grounded me the night I got back from the beach with Johnny. I forgot I had a curfew.

But aside from that, I'm friends with Johnny, good friends. Bobby will flirt with me from time to time, I think we both know it's just for jokes. The other boys will tease me about things. I hang with Ali sometimes, and then I'll hang out with Daniel at times too.

In fact, I'm going to go carve pumpkins after school with Daniel. He's gonna introduce me to this man he's been hanging with? I dunno seems sketch but I'm sure he's cool.

...

We were all standing around the guys motorcycles. I chose to hang with them at lunch today. Johnny was next to me, like always. It was almost like he was glued to my side.

But then Bobby was on my other hip. I like Bobby a lot, but not like romantically. So I just play along with his flirting, just for fun.

Ive never really gotten the guts to get into a relationship. Back in Arizona, there just weren't good enough guys for me.

Here? I dunno. Theres some guys I think are cute. Or like hot. Really hot. Would I date him? mmmm?

"Serena?!" Tommy yelled to me, which broke me out of my zoning out. "Good god! You already hang out with Johnny so much, what's the need to stare at him some more!" He teased and laughed with Dutch.

Shit I didn't even notice I was staring at him. I looked down at my shoes. I heard Johnny laugh softly, hopefully he hasn't seen that my cheeks were now red as the redest tomato.

"Anyways, as I was saying. The halloween dance is tonight. You going or not?" Tommy asked me as he leaned back on his motorcycle.

I looked back up to the guys. "Uhh thats tonight?" I thought it was next week. "Yeah, it'll be fun. You should come." Johnny looked down at me and smiled.

My heart skipped a beat. What the hell is my problem. Why am I all the sudden feeling this weird, strange feeling with him. It's never happened before so why now.

"Uh, sure. I don't have a costume yet but I'll figure something out." I said with an awkward smile. I think Johnny could tell I was being weird, so he let out a small laugh and just looked down at his feet.

...

"Daniel-san! So nice to see you." This small man yells in excitement as me and Daniel walk into this little room. I looked around and saw tons of little trees in pots.

"Hey Mr. Miyagi, this is my friend, Serena." Daniel introduced, I went in to shake his hand but he just nodded and smiled. "I got you some pumpkins." He said as he turned to set out the pumpkins for us.

"Wow. I like your trees!" I said to him. He smiled, "Thank you. They're Bonsai." He corrected me, he's a nice guy.

Me and Daniel were carving out designs into the pumpkins, chatting and having a good time.

"So there's a halloween dance tonight. You going?" I asked Daniel as I wiped my hand off on a towel Mr. Miyagi had provided us with.