XLII. A Rollercoaster

Start from the beginning

We walked into the kitchen to see Amanda and Lucille getting along, which was different from what I experienced the other day.

"It's delicious, what are you talking about!?" Amanda was saying to her with a smile.

Grace walked up to me, "Things, thankfully, went well at the mall. So now they aren't bickering." She said with a laugh.

I laughed and nodded, "That's good." I said.

"Are you staying for dinner? Ooh!! You should stay the night and we can have a sleepover like in the 80s!!" Grace said excitedly.

I laughed, "Sure, if that's alright with Daniels family." I said as I looked at Daniel.

He smiled, "Of course it's alright, we love having you." Daniel said.

I smiled and nodded. Amanda took out a pan of chicken.

"Look Daniel, your mom made her famous chicken cacciatore." Amanda said with a smile.

Daniel smiled and nodded. "Yes, but with the help of your beautiful wife." Lucille added as she gave Amanda some wine.

"Oh do you guys want some too?" Lucille asked me and Grace.

"Why not." I said with a smile. Lucille laughed and poured me a glass of wine, and gave one to Grace as well.

Samantha came in and walked passed her dad, "You owe me big time." She said.

"Wait. How did you do it? -Hey you know what, I don't even care." Daniel said with shock.

"I'm hungry. Hey Robby, you hungry? You wanna stay for dinner?" Daniel asked.

Robby stood in the doorway awkwardly. "Uh, sure. Yeah, thanks." Robby said with a smile.

We all smiled and motioned for him to come into the room.

"Hey Grace, where's Louie?" Daniel asked. She shrugged as she sipped her wine.

Jordan came in and stood by Grace. "Oh, he said he couldn't make it tonight." Lucille answered.

"Keeps getting better

"Keeps getting better." Daniel said as he drank his wine.

Grace laughed, "You bet." She said with a chuckle. I laughed as I drank my wine.

We all made our way outside and sat around the table. We enjoyed the chicken that Amanda and Lucille had made, it was very good.