Decisions

With my heard pounding I slowly undid the robben that kept the gift wrapped. I pulled the wrapping apart and saw it was an ordinary shoe box. I opened the box and inside was full of pictures. As I inspected the photos I noticed that they were all from my glory days as a fighter.

One was when I was attacked on the street and I had turned the blade against its owner with blood splattered on my clothes and a smirk on my face. My eyes had a wild look in them as I was licking the blade clean.

Another was in the ring the referee holding my hand up high victorious while my opponent was passed out on the floor. I never had a scratch on me as the crowed were on their feet cheering.

Some were more recent like me watching Levi's fight the first night we were here and another of me catching the fist when the boy seemed to ignore my prescence when I was trying to get past outside the gym.

There were other photos of me training in the gyms and at home. As I was getting more frustrated I saw there was a note at the side. I pulled the paper out and unfolded it.

"If your smart you will keep fighting, join my agency or lose everything you care about choose wisely!" My eyes narrowed at the letter and found a number written on the back of it. Petra was my first suspicion as she was also new to the area. I grabbed the box from under my bed and opened it I glanced at the pictures and looked at some of the dates finding the tapes with matching dates.

I started to watch them and things weren't adding up. The dates on the pictures never matched with the fights. Maybe it was printing dates that was on them. I grabbed more tapes and watched them all. Peta wasn't seen in any of them so it couldn't have been her. Eventually I began to find the fights that matched the pictures and the seemed to be dated a few days after the fights had occurred. I picked up my phone and decided to call my best friend and see how everyone was getting on.

As the phone rang there wasn't any answer and my eyes narrowed further. I called a few others but I just couldn't get through to anyone. I decided to text Levi "Hey do you have the contact details for the fighting agencies around here, its for my brother." As I waited for a response I got dressed into a sports bra and shorts and threw a hoodie over me as I left my room. He replied "yes" from the many offers he had received and he started sending me pictures of the details on the different cards he received.

None of them were matching the number and I grew frustrated. I pulled me hood up and left the house for a run this time without music being more alert on case someone was nearby withing earshot or sight. The first tree had the name Armin carved onto it and I thought nothing of it at first until I saw another one with Sasha, then another with Connie.

I punched a tree once it clicked that it was names of people that were my best friends from our previous school. I saw many other names of people I cared about and I ran home throwing my jumper on the sofa as I started to search the Internet looking for any agencies that Levi might have missed or numbers that matched. When nothing came up I started calling those back home and only person that answered was Armin saying that they were all having a party tonight and everyone was out getting different stuff for it. I ended the call with be safe.

I was frustrated and on edge I couldn't find anything useful and they were all happy and care free hopefully they weren't all getting completely wasted the might actually need to be able to stand and fight properly tonight.

Suddenly my phone buzzed and my nerves eased when I saw it was just Levi saying "fight tonight at 9, I'll get you at 8" I smiled and sent a quick "ok" and want for a shower getting changed into jeggings and a green camo crop top. I went back downstairs and heard rustling downstairs. I quickly put my guard up and crept down and relaxed when it was just Eren rummaging in the cupboards for something to eat.

"Are you okay n/n you've been tense since you got back?" He asked and I should've known he'd notice something was off I smiled and said I was okay just tired. He seemed unsure of my response before nodding.