V2 Chapter 6:A Dance to Remember

Night has fallen over Beacon as everyone makes their way to the ballroom, the dance finally here. Coming up to the ballroom were Y/n and Skylar. Skylar was wearing a light blue dress with a dark blue ribbon wrapped around her waist and black high heels. Y/n meanwhile was wearing a navy suit and pants, black dress shoes, and an f/c tie. As the two walked to the dance, they talked.

Y/n:I wonder how late we are.

Skylar:Well if someone would of listened to me in the first place, we wouldn't of have to get them a new suit last minute.

Y/n:I know I know, I'm sorry.

Skylar:(playfully punches shoulder) Don't worry about it, little cous.

The two laugh and continued walking to the ballroom. As they do, they hear someone walking up behind them.

???:Hey! Woah, wait up!

They turn to see Ruby, who was wearing a red dress with a black ribbon around her waist and high heels, although she could barely walk in them. As she continues to walk towards them, she stumbles and starts to fall to the ground. Before she could, Y/n ran up and caught her, holding her to make sure she didn't fall.

Y/n:Are you okay?

Ruby:(blushing) I-Im fine! t-thanks!

Y/n notices how he is holding her and quickly helps her stand properly, a small blush on his face.

Skylar:Hey Ruby, late to the dance too?

Ruby:Y-yeah, I would've been there faster if it wasn't for these heels.

The three begin to walk to the ballroom again, with Y/n staying by Ruby, lending her his arm so she doesn't fall again. Once they make it inside, they see Yang standing behind a podium. She looks up to see the three enter.

Yang:(to Ruby) Oh, you look beautiful!

Ruby:Can we have a serious talk about how Weiss fights in these?

Y/n:I imagine a lot of training, and her falling on her face several times.

Ruby let's go of Y/n's arm and stumbles over to Yang, with Yang laughing at her. Once she made it to Yang, the doors opened behind them, making them turn. They see Blake and Sun entering, arm in arm.

Y/n:Hey Blake, hey Sun.

Blake:Evening Y/n.

Yang:Good to see you Blake. You ready?

Blake:Sure.

Yang:Cool. (grabs Blake's hand) Hey Y/n, can you watch over the checklist for me?

Y/n:Wait, wha-

Yang:(walking away)Cool! Thanks!

Y/n:... Did I just get put on checklist duty?

He turns around to see Skylar and Sun looking around the room.

Y/n:Guys-

Sun:Hey look, punch! (walks away)

Y/n:Wait don't-

Skylar:I can't wait to dance! (also walks away)

Y/n:Sky, not you too!

Y/n slumps in defeat, before looking to his side to see Ruby still standing there, using the podium for balance.

Y/n:At least you're still here...

Ruby:Well, I would leave, but I'm afraid of falling over.

Y/n:Oh, okay...