V2 Chapter 10:Hidden Glow

Y/n awoke with a ringing in his ears. As he starts to get his hearing back, the ringing turns into sirens. He opens his eyes to see the rest of RWBY waking up as well. He looks around more to see that they are in Vale square, along with a bunch of citizens who look on at the scene in shock and confusion. Y/n grunts as he rolls onto his back, before sitting up. As he was about to stand, the ground started to rumble, followed by a massive amount of Grimm coming out of the hole the train made. As soon as they landed, they started to attack. Meanwhile, a bit earlier, team JNPR are walking towards a bullhead to set off to their mission.

Pyrrha:I'm sure they're fine.

Jaune:You think?

Nora:Probably a butt dial.

Skylar:But from two different members of the same team? That can't be a coincidence.

Ren:Team RWBY has always perform exceptionally in the field. We should be focusing on our own mission.

Nora:We're gonna be deputies!

Skylar:I don't know, I have this feeling. And I only get this when feeling Y/n is in trouble.

Pyrrha:Skylar...

Pyrrha was soon interrupted by sirens that started to go off in the city, before a set started to go off in Beacon as well.

Jaune:We're changing our mission. Everyone on board!

Jaune ran up to the ship and let his team go in ahead of him. He stopped Ren by grabbing his shoulder.

Jaune:Ren, we'll make it out to that village another time.

Ren nods and makes his way inside. Jaune follows him and speaks to the driver.

Jaune:Take us into the city!

The driver closes the door and takes off, heading strait for Vale square. Back with RWBY, all the civilians were able to evacuate the area, leaving RWBY to handle the Grimm. They were now right in the middle of the square with their weapons drawn, the many Grimm surrounding them. A King Taijitu screeched at them, causing the other Grimm to attack. The five students launched into battle. Y/n leaped over a crowd of grimm, shooting most of them down. When he lands, he transforms his guns and slashes the last ones that started to charge him. He hears a stomp and turns his head, only to see an Ursa about to attack him. The Ursa swipes at Y/n, only for the hunter to leap over it. He lands behind the Ursa and stabs through it, slicing it in half. He sighs in relief, then hears an explosion. He looks up to see Nora flying through the sky on her hammer, before she hit the King Taijitu in the head, nailing it into the ground. She lands next to the rest of her team, before they ran out and started to help with the Grimm attack. Skylar ran up to Y/n as the two go back to back.

Skylar:So, what happened here?

Y/n:That's a long story.

Skylar:Well then tell me later.

The two get in a stance as more Grimm start to surround them. The two look at each other, having a conversation with their eyes. Y/n pulled some rope from his grapple and handed the end to Skylar, who started to run around. Y/n twisted and started to turn, lifting Skylar off the ground. After getting off the ground, she started to attack any Grimm that came at her, kicking them away. As the Grimm grew more, Y/n noticed. He swung around again, this time launching Skylar away from the Grimm. She landed and looked back, only to see Y/n surrounded by many Grimm.

Skylar:Y/n!

She looks up to see an Atlas ship about to shoot at the hoard, not seeing Y/n in the middle. She goes to stop it, only to see a f/c glow coming from the hoard. The glow got stronger, and soon, the Grimm around Y/n froze, and started to turn f/c. Afterwards, they disintegrated, leaving an unconscious Y/n in the middle. Skylar quickly ran to him and kneeled next to him, picking up his head. She looks across the square to see Glynda walking towards the hole the train made, and fixing it, stopping the flow of Grimm.