V2 Chapter 1:Food Fight

In the streets of Vale, Y/n and Skylar are walking around. Skylar turns to Y/n.

Skylar:So, what are we looking for again?

Y/n:It's this book store called Tukson's Book Trade. I know the owner, but I haven't been there in a while.

Skylar:Oh yeah I remember that place now. How do you know him?

Y/n:I know most store owners.

The two continued walking and turned a corner where the book store should be, only to police all over the place.

Skylar:That seems bad.

The two rush over. As they do, a cop steps in front of them.

Cop:Woah woah woah, this is a active crime scene! No one else is allowed here.

Y/n:Can we at least know what happened here!?

Cop:Look, you kids shouldn't concern yourselves with-

Skylar:We are not just kids, we're hunters in training!

Cop:... And that changes my opinion how?

Y/n:Please sir, I knew the owner. Did something bad happen to him?

Cop:(sighs)... Look, I didn't say this, but the owner was killed.

Y/n:Killed... How?

Cop:Shot in the head. We don't know by who, but we're looking in to it. Now, you two run along.

The cop turns and walks back to the scene, leaving Y/n thinking.

Y/n:Who would do that?... Why would someone do this?...

Skylar:Y/n, we better head off to Beacon.

Y/n:Yeah, let's go.

The two turn and walk back to the launchpad. As they go, they didn't notice a figure observing them from afar, his purple eyes watching them as they go.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi Y/n and chibi Skylar reading a book

The next day, teams RWBY and JNPR are in the cafeteria. Everyone is sitting down and eating, with Ruby being nowhere to be seen. Blake appears to be writing in a notebook, until Yang looks over her shoulder, surprising Blake.

Yang:Whatcha doing?

Blake:Nothing. (closes notebook) Just going over notes.

Yang leans to her other side, which is where Y/n is, who is also working in a notebook.

Yang:What about you?

Y/n:Oh! Uh- (quickly closes notebook) Just working on some, blueprint stuff. Nothing much.

As he finishes talking, a grape heads strait for Yang, who catches it in her mouth.

Yang:Lame!

Nora, the one who threw the grape, laughed and launched another with her spoon. Yang still caught the grape and ate it, giving Nora and thumbs up. Everyone's attention was soon caught by a huge binder getting slammed onto the table by none other than Ruby. On the binder was 'Vytal Festival Activities, Property of Weiss Schnee', but was scratched out in red marker and instead was now, 'Best Day Ever Activities!' Ruby clears her throat as she looks at everyone.

Ruby:Sisters! Friends! Weiss.

Weiss:Hey!

Ruby:(ignoring her) Four score and seven minutes ago, I had a dream.