V3 Chapter 7:Aftermath

Darkness. Darkness is what's seen all around. Except for a single light that shined down on familiar fox Faunus, Who lay unconscious. Until, his eyes shoot open and he sat up, heavily breathing with shock. As he started to calm down, he stood up, looking around.

Y/n:H-hello...

As he looked around, a noise from behind him attracted his attention. He turned around, only to see bodies. Corpses all around him. He backs away, his foot hitting something as he does. He turns again, and nearly vomits. His friends laid about, each killed in different, gruesome ways. Unable to move, he covers his mouth with both hands, tears threatening to fall from his eyes. Then, he heard something falling behind him. He slowly turns, until he freezes at the sight behind him. Behind him, on her knees and bleeding from her face, was Skylar, who was looking down at her gut, which still held Leroy's dagger. She slowly looked up at Y/n, all the life out of her eyes as she stared the Faunus in his.

Skylar?:You laid there, doing nothing.

Y/n:I-I'm sorry...

Skylar?:(slowly standing) Why, why didn't you do anything...

Y/n:I tried...

Skylar?:Did you really try!?

Y/n:(shuts eyes) please.

Skylar?:WHY DIDN'T YOU SAVE ME!!

Y/n:(grabs own head) PLEASE!! STOP!!

Y/n's eyes shoot open as he sits up, clutching his chest as he tries to steady his breath. As he does, he looks around, noticing he is in a hospital. As he looks around, he reaches for his head, feeling a bandage around his right eye, afterwards noticing the bandages wrapped around his arms and body. As he continues to absorb his surrounding, the door opened, making him snap his attention to it. As it fully opened, a man walked through wearing a doctor's coat. The man looks at Y/n, seeing him sitting up.

???:Ah, finally awake. That's good. My name is Dr. Zelmer. May I as how you are feeling?

Y/n goes to speak, but couldn't, his throat being to dry. As he starts to cough the doctor notices, grabbing a cup and filling it with water, handing it to him. Once Y/n finishes the water, he turns back to the doctor.

Y/n:(raspy) Is Skylar okay?

Zelmer:... Unfortunately, Skylar Villian is.. dead. But hey, at least you were able to survive. Now, about your injury's, you seem to have...

As the doctor continued, his words faded as Y/n focused on the last few words the doctor said, 'at least you survived.' He stared blankly down, his last memory of Skylar playing over and over in his head.

Y/n:...(barely whispers) I could of done something...

Zelmer:And you will have a small scar over your eye, but thankfully you won't be blind-

Dr. Zelmer looks up from his notes to see Y/n staring down at his bed.

Zelmer:Hey, can you hear kid?

He got nothing in response. The doctor sighs and picks up a nearby phone.

Zelmer:I guess I should call the mother.

Timeskip brought to you by ...

Y/n now sits in a car, his mother driving. As they drive through Patch, the ride was silent, Melissa trying to figure out what to say as Y/n, couldn't say anything at all. They soon arive at their house and Y/n quickly exits the car, entering the house as Melissa exited the car. She quickly goes after him, entering the house just as a door upstairs closes. She quickly goes upstairs and to his door, pausing before knocking on it.