V3 Chapter 6:Battle of Beacon

As night settled in, Y/n was now the only one at the library, still looking through the files. As he scared through them, he passed one up, stopping to go back to it. Once he fully looks over it, he smiles.

Y/n:Okay! This is the date! Now I just need to-

He was interrupted, however, when the screen started to flash red.

Y/n:What the hell...

He looked around to see all the computers doing the same, until they were all red, with the symbol of a black queen chess piece. Y/n stared at the screen, confused with a bit of fear. Suddenly, a voice was heard over all the computers at once.

???:This is not a tragedy. This was not an accident. This is what happens when you hand over your trust. Your safety. Your children. To men who claim to be our guardians. But are, in reality... nothing more than men. Our academy's headmasters wield more power than most armies and one was audacious enough to control both. They cling to this power in the name of peace, and yet, what do we have here? One nation's attempt at a synthetic army, mercilessly torn apart by another's star pupil. What need does Atlas have for a soldier disguised as an innocent little girl? I don't think the Grimm can tell the difference. And what, I asked you, is Ozpin teaching his students? First a dismemberment, now this? Huntsmen and huntresses should carry themselves with honor and mercy. Yet I have witnessed neither. Perhaps Ozpin felt as though defeating Atlas in the tournament would help people forget his colossal failure to protect Vale when the Grimm invaded its streets. Or perhaps, this was his message to the tyrannical dictator that has occupied and unsuspecting Kingdom's armed forces. Honestly? I haven't the slightest clue as to who is right and who is wrong. But I know that the existence of peace is fragile. And the leaders of our kingdoms conduct their business with iron gloves. As someone who hails from Mistral, I can assure you the situation there is... equally undesirable. Our kingdoms are at the brink of war. Yet we, the citizens, are left in the dark. So I ask you, when the first shots are fired... who do you think you can trust?

As the voice stopped talking, every computer turned to static. Y/n stood frozen in fear, before rushing back to his computer and unplugging his goggles. He puts them on, only to see the queen chess piece, before it too goes to static. Y/n irritatedly grunts, before taking them off and putting them in his pocket. He rushes towards the door and throws them open, only to be met with an Ursa to his face, with several other Grimm behind it. He steps back, reaching for his weapons, realizing that he left them in his room. As he steps back more from the Grimm, the Ursa roars, and the Grimm charge at him.

With Skylar, she stared down at the stage in shock, not being able to move. In the arena was Pyrrha, frozen with fear and shock, and just a few feet away from her was Penny, her robotic body cut into quarters. Skylar continued to stare at the scene, until her attention was drawn away by a siren that started to blare, and a computer voice started to speak.

Computer:Alert. Incoming Grimm attack. Threat level: nine. Please seek shelter in a calm and orderly manner.

Everyone in the stadium did the opposite, running to the exits, eyes full of fear. As they did, Ironwood's voice came over the intercom.

Ironwood:(o.i.) Ladies and gentlemen, please! There is no need for panic.

He was cut off when a screech was heard at the top of the stadium. The remaining students looked up to see a Nevermore clawing at the field surrounding the stadium to get inside. It landed on it and started to peck at it as well, ready to kill.

Sun:(stands up) A Nevermore!

Coco:(stands up) How'd it get past the kingdom's defenses?

Ren:(stands up) It wasn't alone.