Chapter 2

It was a new day. Hopefully a new beginning.

Alex wasn't too worried about her first day, things were going good for her. Alex had battled most of her demons in France, now she wanted to be a normal teenager.

Alex closed the book she was reading, hearing the distant conversation from her sisters room.

Standing up, she walked quietly to her door. Listening more closely, her dad was giving Allison the 21 questions on how ready she was to go back to school. Offering her more time off.

Alex continued to listen, when she heard the shuffling of feet she quickly sat on her bed. Opening her book, awaiting her turn on the hot seat.

But instead, he just walked by.

Alex thought things were falling back into place, but it seemed like her dad never spoke to her anymore. As if they suddenly had nothing to talk about.

"Hey, are you ready?" Allison walked in,

"Yeah" Alex nodded, swinging her bag onto her shoulder.

Allison noticed the saddened look on her sisters face "are you okay?"

"Hmm? Oh yeah, just a sad part in the book" Alex lied.

"You take them way too seriously" Allison mumbled.

*

Alex watched as Lydia gawked at the teenagers passing by. Based on her vague description on how her summer went, Alex assumed she was spending most of it rebounding from her ex.

Lydia smiled  "Freshmen. Tons and tons of fresh men."

Allison closed her locker, "You mean fresh boys. Lydia, they're 14."

"Yeah I don't think half of their voices have dropped" 

"Eh, some are more mature than others." Lydia defended.

"You know, it's okay to be single. Focus on yourself for a little while, work on becoming a better person." Allison rambled

Lydia and Alex shared a look, alex nodded.

Lydia smiled warmly at her best friend "Allison, I love you. So if you need to do that thing where we talk about me and pretend like we're not actually talking about you, it's totally fine. But I don't want a boyfriend. I want a distraction."

Lydia's gaze landed on a newcomer who had just turned the corner, both girls looked in that direction. Their eyes also landed on the two well built guys, who seemed to strut down the hallway.

"Meh" Alex shrugged,

"Brothers?" Allison asked, raising a bow

Lydia smiled as she noticed that they were almost a photocopy of each offer "Twins."

"twins are always great" Alex nudged her sister,

The bell rang, everyone began to shuffle to their classes.

The three walked into class and found their new seats.  Alex spotted stiles near the back, noticing the seat behind him.

She walked down, knocking his pen. Leaning down she grabbed it, meeting his eyes on the way back up.

"Sorry" she whispered,

Stiles was barely coherent. Her gaze almost left him in a trance.

Alex smirked, she kissed his softly "you're so cute when you fumble"

Alex took the seat behind him; just like when they first met.

Stiles turned around, "you gotta teach me how to do that"