Chapter 36

<><><><>

<><><><>

The night had passed. A night that wasn't spent sleeping, Alex had spent the majority of it, coming in and out of episodes. Her face now swollen and sensitive, her eyes stung with every movement. She stared down at the blank page of her half full notebook. She had been staring for what felt like hours.

Usually she would have pages of Scribble, usually it's about a loss that was not hers and then she remembered, it was her world and she controlled it. No one ever said she had to write everything that happened because of beacon hills underworld. So she wrote that her sister lived, which only resulted in more pain.

The pain of writing about what she would never get to experience, the pain of writing what was never sure to be said. Writing about the dead as if they lived, seemed harder then writing them dead.

Anger bubbling up inside of her, Alex flung the notepad across her room. She turned over in her bed and was met with another wave of overwhelming sadness. She hugged into her sisters sweater and cried for her once again.

Everything hurt. Every bone ache and muscle cramped. Her body yearned for the touch of her sister.

Alex felt a hand rub against her shoulder, looking beyond it, she seen stiles standing with a small smile on his face.

Everyone had been respectful with their distance, Melissa sent over food. Making sure they ate, but Alex couldn't face the idea of food.

Alex sat up in her bed, she wiped her eyes "hi"

"Your dad let me in" stiles told her

Alex looked down, mumbling "he should have asked"

Stiles tried not to take her harsh tone to heart. She deserved be mad.

"I came to see you.. which now that I'm saying it sounds stupid" he admitted

"Yeah" Alex nodded

"Have you eaten anything? my dad made food, insisted I brought it"

She scoffed "how could I possibly eat?"

Stiles sighed "maybe I should leave"

It was hard for stiles to see her this way, he knew her anger wasn't towards him but it hurt knowing he had the same face as her sisters killer.

"Maybe" Alex shrugged

"Alright" he nodded "I'll call you"