Chapter 44: Playing God

Pandora was surprised by the announcement Silvia made. "Married?" Pandora asked. "Hold on, you're already marrying me off to some stranger!?"

"He's not a stranger, Pandora," Silvia said. "He's David. The first man you rejected."

"We were only ten," Pandora stated. "I'm not doing this arrange marriage thing."

"And why not? It's tradition you know," Silvia remarked. "And you're the last to do this tradition, Pandora. They are the only clan left that is from the same race as ours."

"Yeah, well I don't care about that," Pandora stated. "It's Victoria's fault that she killed everyone else instead of protecting them. Try killing me now if you want, but I'm never getting married to David Guzman."

"Victoria, you're going to do what I say so you can inherit everything from me," Silvia said in her stern voice.

Pandora noticed Silvia called her by her middle name, meaning she had a second chance. "No! I won't!" Pandora yelled, rejecting the chance. "If that's what it takes to be back, to hell with it then! I rather be disowned!"

"No, you know I have no one left to inherit this but you," Silvia said. "Come on, Pandora, you're getting married to David and you are going to keep your little mouth shut about this secret."

"No," Pandora answered. "I said it once and I'll say it again; I'm not getting married to David Guzman. Plus, I'm already taken."

Silvia's eyes widen and her jaw was shut tight. "What," she said.

"I am engaged already," Pandora said. "So I am not and I can't marry David Guzman."

"Then who the hell are you getting married with?" Silvia barked. She was angered with the fact that no one told her Pandora was engage. That and it also ruins the plans she had in stored.

"With Levi," Pandora answered. "I'm getting married with him, whether you like it or not and you can't stop me."

"Levi... oh, you mean the other captain, the one who people pair you up with and call you guys 'humanity's strongest pair.' Captain Levi who used to be a thug from the Underground?" Silvia inquired.

"The one and only," Pandora replied.

"I disapprove of that, so you're not getting married with Captain Levi of the Scouts. You're getting married with David Guzman whether you like it or not," Silvia stated.

"Silvia, I am thirty-three years old, I'm not a little girl anymore. I won't listen to you and you can't make me, no matter what," Pandora stated.

"Oh, is that so?" Silvia smirked. "If you break the engagement with Levi and marry David, I'll tell the MPs not to kill everyone in the Scouts, including your children. Disobey me, and I'll do the opposite."

Pandora felt her heart drop to her stomach as she heard what Silvia said. Break up with Levi? She asked herself. But I love him... but, if everyone dies including him and my kids, then I could never forgive myself. She stayed silent as she thought to herself, not that there was much to think about in the first place. Pandora felt the hidden dagger in her boots suddenly get cold and heavy. It seemed noticeable to her.

"What's it going to be, Pandora?" Silvia asked.

"...Fine, I'll marry David," Pandora answered. "But I swear to god, if you double cross me and hurt the Scouts in any sort of way, I won't hesitate to hurt you and the monarchy," Pandora stated.

"That's more like it," Silvia said. "I guess if I want you to do something, I have to bribe you."

"You're not bribing me Silvia, you're threatening me," Pandora said. "And this is the only time it'll work, also."