Chapter 19: Played by Ear

"Are you alright that I had to bring you up like that?" Levi asked Pandora when they were in the room they gave the Scouts.

"Yeah. I don't mind." Pandora said. She sat down on the couch and took off her glasses as she started to rub her eyes.

"Did you get enough sleep last night?" Levi asked.

"I'm not sure. Everything's been foggy. And my mind is going crazy at the moment because I know that kid." Pandora confessed.

"How? The brat's from Shiganshina." Levi asked.

"Yeah, but you know how I used to travel for the herbs? Yeah, well I got the herbs from his dad, Grisha." Pandora stated. She put her glasses back on and saw Levi was sitting next to her.

"You can't be serious. You knew him since he was a kid." Levi stated.

"Yes. An innocent one with a whole lot of anger issues." Pandora sighed. "I just can't believe I forgot about him. And I can't believe Grisha would disappear like that, too."

"So you can't believe those stuff but you sure can believe he can turn into a Titan?" Levi asked.

"No. I can't believe that either. I guess looks really are deceiving in a way." Pandora said.

"Do you think the kid recognized you?" Levi asked.

"Probably not. He was like six the last time I saw him." Pandora replied. The room quickly fell into silence. It was comfortable for a while, then it got awkward as Pandora's thoughts started to go crazy.

"Say what you're thinking right now." Levi stated.

"Eh?" Pandora questioned.

"There's obviously something going on in your mind and you're debating if you should tell me or not." Levi stated.

"No." Pandora said.

"It's written all over your face." Levi said.

Pandora bit her lip as she tried to think the words she wanted to say. "Okay. But you have to promise me that after I say this, we stay friends. Okay?" Pandora asked.

"What the hell are you so worried about?" Levi asked. "You didn't shit somewhere you weren't supposed to, right?"

"Ha ha, very freaking funny, Levi." Pandora boredly said. "I'm just... I don't know. Forget about what I said." Pandora said as she stood up from the couch.

"Oi, just tell me. You know I can't stand you with a shit face like the one you have right now." Levi said. "Just tell me what it is."

Pandora stopped walking and turned around to face Levi. She still was debating with herself and it wasn't going very well in her mind either.

Just do it. If it fails, well, it fails. Pandora gave a shaky sigh before even considering sitting down next to Levi, so she decided to lean against the wall. "But do you promise?" Pandora whispered to him.

Levi's expression soften a bit. It made him anxious to see Pandora so... anxious about whatever she wants to say. He stood up quietly and walked towards Pandora until they were close to each other. "I promise." Levi said.

Pandora bit her lip, a nervous habit she had developed over time, and took deep breathes. Of course, it was a struggle for her since Levi was so close to her. Pandora struggled not to blush, which was proven to be extremely difficult when the guy you like is standing so close to you. How did Hanji convince me to tell him about my feelings? Pandora asked herself.

---------------

"It's been like, six years since I've known you and Levi and you still haven't confessed to him yet!?" Hanji asked in surprised once they were back in HQ.