Prologue

Pandora walked down the ally to find a spot to sleep. The sun wasn't down yet, but she knew she had to find a spot before someone else won it.

As she walked, she noticed a couple of strangers walking too towards her direction. She felt her palms start to sweat when they started whistling at her.

"Hey beauty." One of them called. "Come over here."

Pandora ignored them and continued to walk.

"Hey!" They began to chase her. Pandora began to run for her life, but tripped on her long skirt. Falling to the ground, the guys picked her up by pulling her hair and her shirt. Pandora put up a fight, but the men were too strong for her. After all, she was only fourteen.

"Leave me alone," she cried. She knew what was going to happen next. She's been through this dozens of time now.

The men laughed at her as they began to lift up her skirt. Pandora slapped their hands away from her, but she only ended up being slapped by them.

One of the men began to touch her in places she never wanted to be touch before. She cried because she knew she was no match for them. She knew this will forever keep on going unless she found a way to become stronger, but being homeless was already a challenge.

"Get away from her." A stern, harsh voice said. The men froze, but never took their hands off of Pandora. They turned around and saw it was just a kid. He looked like a teen, but he was small. He looked like the kind of teens Pandora would avoid because he was just so intimidating. If looks could kill, he would have been a serial killer.

"Get away, kid." One of them said.

"No. You get away from her." He said. He grabbed some stones that were on the ground and began to throw them up in the air and catch them so casually, threatening to throw stones at them.

The men laughed. The fifteen year old boy took his chance and started throwing stones at them, missing the girl. Angered by such action, the men went after the boy, forgetting the girl they were about to take advantage.

The boy threw punches and kicks at the men. He even threw them to the wall or flipped them around without even looking like he was struggling or break a sweat. Soon, he scared them away.

Pandora fell to the ground and began to cry. She knew it was stupid to cry, but she did anyways. She wondered why men always took advantage of girls like her. She kept trying to control herself by rubbing every single tear that began to form at the corner of her eyes and take deep breathes in order to calm down. Just as she manage to calm herself down, she felt something wrap around her, so she jerked away only to find out the boy was giving her his jacket.

She saw his grey eyes, but they weren't cold, in fact, they were welcoming. "Why are you out here by yourself?" The fifteen year old asked. "Come on, I'll take you home." He held out his hand and Pandora tentatively took it. But she felt her heart drop when he mentioned the word 'home'.

"I..." Pandora began to say as soon as she was standing, "I don't have a home," she explained.

The fifteen year old looked shocked. "Where were you going then?" He asked.

"I was looking for a spot to sleep." She answered.

"Oh," was all the boy said. "Well... do you want to sleep at my place?"

Pandora looked over at the boy. He looked like he was honest about it. "Uh... okay. But would your folks be okay with it?" She asked.

"I don't have any folks living with me. It's just me, myself, and I." He said.