4: Dance Club

Lee Yuna

"Do you notice something new and unusual?" I asked them while smiling widely, making sure that they'll see what I mean

I just got braces yesterday because my mom noticed that I've been complaining a lot about my crooked teeth that's why she took me to a dentist.

"It's nothing special, you just got braces" Nim said subtly, I got disappointed since that wasn't the reaction that I was expecting from them

"Here" Cheer said, handing me a box of chocolates

"What's this?" I asked in confusion since it isn't my birthday and there isn't any occasion

"Tip number 4: Scottish way of telling someone you love them is by giving them gifts anonymously just for a person to know that someone has a crush on him" Kie read the book out loud

I already got what they mean, I understood that we'll be giving this to Hyunsuk

"But you bought this with your own money?"

"That's fine, we forgot to pay our breakfast on your restaurant yesterday, that's the payment" Nim confessed.

I can't believe that they're doing these things for me. I thought they were just supportive but it turns out they also exert effort in supporting me. Oh, I love my friends so much.

~~~~~~

"There's Hyunsuk's bike" Kie said while we peek our heads behind the wall to hide ourselves from possible sightings.

We were looking out for Hyunsuk's bike so that we could give him my little gift of love.

His bike was obviously filled with gifts since a lot of girls in our school follows the book and a lot of them uses it to get Hyunsuk's heart.

"Coast is clear, Nim, do you have the plastic bags for storage?" Cheer checked on a few things before we could successfully operate on our plan.

We were like secret agents that's spying on a particular person and we're now going to execute the plan that we made just about 10 minutes ago.

"I have the bags, we're clear to go" Nim assured.

"Hey I think we shouldn't-." I hesitated since someone might see us but when I was just about to abort the mission, they started walking and pulling me

"Oh shit" I cussed to myself as we walk towards Hyunsuk's bike that was full of gifts.

Kie cleared all the gifts and took all of them while Nim placed it in the plastic bag so my gift would be the only one to be there and it will be the only one to get his attention.

I felt bad for taking all of Hyunsuk's gifts but there was no time to think about it because we got to move fast.

And since I was still thinking about it and having second thoughts about my life decisions Cheer just grabbed the box of chocolates in my hand and placed it in the basket of Hyunsuk's bike.

"Let's go" Cheer said and grabbed me out of the place

After we had "successfully" completed our gift- giving mission, my friends were extra happy since we get to eat the snacks that were supposed to be for Hyunsuk.

"The jellies are mine" Cheer said while already munching on the banana bread that we got.

Nim carried the plastic full of gifts while Kie carried the stacked boxes of chocolates and other boxed gifts that didn't fit inside the plastic bag.

We were having so much fun, especially me, because I was relieved that we were already out of that risky situation.

We were too distracted that we didn't realize that we were passing by the Junior's building and Hyunsuk was just right in front of us.