2: He knows my name!

Lee Yuna

I brushed my short hair for a few times and attached a clip to hold my bangs. I was getting ready for school and was just about to leave when I heard my sister from the outside.

"Uncle Chan!"

Excitement ran into my veins so I quickly fixed myself before getting out of my room.

Uncle Chan is my mom's brother, he's been working with my dad in America in a restaurant where my dad is the head chef.

I remembered that today was the day my uncle would go home, but unfortunately my dad wasn't allowed to come because of high demands of the customers for his specific recipe. They ask only for his expertise.

The restaurant was pretty famous in America and his boss doesn't want any other chef but him, and I can say that him being there was pretty worth it because it helped us a lot financially.

I went outside and saw Uncle Chan sitting at one of the tables in my mom's small and humble restaurant. He was having breakfast at the table with his luggage scattered on the floor.

He just greeted me by raising his brows since his mouth was full. I enthusiastically sat at the chair in front of him with my sister beside me and my mom beside my uncle. With other customers at the other tables.

"Uncle Chan, how's papa in America?"

He chewed first on his food before answering my sister's questions.

"Your father is cooking good food, and he's eating them as well so you don't have anything to worry about"

I sighed, I really hope my dad is doing fine, I hope he doesn't feel lonely.

"Pim, your man wants to tell you something, he said that a little more years of hard work and he'll soon get to pay the mortgage of this house, you and the kids, hang in there"

Mom sighed because she also haven't seen dad for 5 years and he's really working hard for us.

"Oh, Yuna, your dad wants to give you something"

He took something out from his bag. It was in a brown envelope and neatly tucked inside his bag.

He handed it to me while my bratty little sister tried to take it away from hands but she failed because I had a good grip on it.

"You'll get to see it after I do"

I opened the envelope and took out the thick paper, I realized it was a photo of my dad in his workplace with his sign at the bottom of the picture.

"And, to the both of you, your dad said if you would do good in class, you can go and visit him in America, he'll buy tickets for you and take you on a tour, and that is if you do good in school"

I thought of it for some time.

But my dreams were broken when my sister interrupted my thoughts.

"But the ticket to America is too expensive, will dad keep his promise?"

This bratty little sister of mine, always have a doubt when it comes to our father, well, it isn't my fault she didn't grow up with him.

My mom sighed and said:

"Your dad knows that the ticket is kinda pricy but, he wants you to take this as a challenge to do better in school, and if you do you can go and see dad"

"It's been 5 years that I haven't seen you, dad, I promise to top my class so I know all of your efforts wouldn't be put to waste. You'll see, dad, I'll make you proud." I said while talking to the picture